What causes spots after waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLAOH

jog jog jogging
Reaction score
Can someone advise me what causes spots after waxing. I did a chin and lip wax on Friday and the lady has had a small outburst in spots. She had never had any waxing on her face before.

Is this normal? Did i do something or not do something? How can this be avioded?

Any help is appreciated.x

If the spots were immediately after, then that's normal for some people and would have gone down soon after.

If the spots were in the following days, it could be that she has sensitive skin so you could maybe use a cream wax for sensitive skin. Also, if she's prone to breakouts, I wouldn't put any perfumed cooling lotion on after. You could also try waxing small areas at a time rather than one big area. xxx

I sometimes get spots when i wax my lip. i prob touch it and usually i do it later in the evening so i go to bed and prob unknowingly touch it in my sleep. I saw a thread about using oil before waxing and it really helps.. less redness and in my case less spots. xx

I can't wax my lip area because of the sensitivity spots that occur afterwards, so I stick to bleaching instead, which works great because I haven't a lot of upper lip hair anyway and what is there is very fine.

As Kimmi said, just use a basic cream wax, with no perfumes (i.e not lavender, cherry etc) and rather than the usual after wax lotion, try slathering on aloe vera and decant some into a pot for the client to take away and reapply later.

hth

Hi Hun, sometimes after waxing we tend to touch the area alot more, therefore bits and bobs can get into the pore and into the follicle causing infection and spots, using sterex or an antibacterial lotion or even witchhazel afterwaxing to close the pores will minimise the risk, also making sure clients do not reapply make up to the area for at least 8hrs. Unfortunately Some clients are just prone to it, hth's a little xx

It's a perfectly normal reaction for the lip. Our body sees this as trauma and sends histamines to the sight.. thus those annoying little pustules. To help reduse this problem, make sure you cleanse the area well, apply pre-oil, wax, then use an toner, or astrigent afterwards instead of the usual after wax lotion. This will help to close up the pores.

What toner or astringent would you recommend?

try slathering on aloe vera and decant some into a pot for the client to take away and reapply later.

I put it into tiny little sealable plastic bags, u know the ones?

if i know my client is prone to spots after waxing i apply some savlon cream to the area and this usually works in stopping the spots appearing hth;)

The australian bodycare tea tree hand and body lotion is ideal for after waxing - it is so soothing AND kills bacteria so its worth reatiling this for clients to use afterwards to prevent spots.

One of my clients who suffers quite badly with spots after waxing her lip, swears by witch hazel. She hardly has any problems now since using it.

Latest posts

Back