What colour brand is easier to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinytoes

Reaction score
At college i have been trained with Goldwell. My best friend uses Wella/L'Oreal in her own salon. She has been supporting me with my new career in Hairdressing.

Understanding Colour is a weak point for me right now, partly due to the numerous teachers we had at college throughout the year. I find some aspects of colour difficult to understand. I am getting there slowly!:cool:

I am doing voluntary at my friend's salon to learn more about colour but i don't want to confuse myself further using different colour brands. Once i have decided which one to use i will be going on lots of training courses to further my knowledge.

What do you guys use and find easy and simple to understand?

Matrix all the way!!

Schwarzkopf Igora Royal for me.
I also use Wella sometimes.

:biggrin::biggrin:

It depends what you will find easier to understand. I trained with wella so was used to a numbering system but I've also used the letter system before.

I use Schwartzkopf at the minute, i like there colours and haven't had a problem with them. Saying that i am debating a move to matrix thanks to blue and his glowing reports x

TIGI copyright colour for me!
:biggrin:

I use Wella but I've recently found coverage on grey hair a bit poo so may change back to L'oreal :)

Though a very few colours I use from wella as I think it's more of a comfort zone as I trained and have used these from the age of 14 working as a Saturday girl!

Never used tigi colour. What are the reds like?
The reds are amazing....very vibrant, great grey coverage and very little fading :biggrin:

The reds are amazing....very vibrant, great grey coverage and very little fading :biggrin:

This is all very different from what I've heard x

I'm a newbie but definitely matrix!

This is all very different from what I've heard x
I have been using the TIGI copyright colour since it came out and have had no problem with it what so ever.

I have used Goldwell, Schwartzcopt, Wella, Keaune, Redken, L'oreal and Farouk and TIGI. I always went back to Schwartzcopt as my favorite untill I started using the Tigi colour.

A good colourist is going to be able to use anything and make it work. They will have their favorites and thats ok

I can't spell Schwarzkopf

Hi Geeks, I've always used loreal and love it, but very much agree a good colourist would b open minded to all brands 😘

Ok but answer me this....if your saying a good colourist should be open to other brands and someone else said they can work with any line and make it work, is that a bit contradictory? Because I thought if your such a good colourist you should be able to use one brand? ;)

Clients like continuity and stability in their salon which is why I use one brand and stock one brand x

And if you stick to one brand you get to know it inside out whereas if you chop and change, you won't get the same result, that's why I tend to stick to the one ;)

And if you stick to one brand you get to know it inside out whereas if you chop and change, you won't get the same result, that's why I tend to stick to the one ;)

P.s your nearby! :)

Damn right!! I know matrix inside out, right side up!! Lol x

I think all hairdressers have tried and tested many colour ranges until they find the ones that's right for you.
There's no right or wrong answer like with anything people have there own opinion. Just don't go for the cheapest option.
Once you've found one you're happy with learn all you can about it. The more knowledge you have the more confidence you'll have, which means more clients and more money x

Latest posts

Back