What colour do you use for your gel extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly.Dimple

Reaction score
So what colour do you all use for gel extensions?
I currently use a nude colour as I think it provides a good base for the gel polish but not sure if I should change this. I have a new milky white builder gel and wondering if this would be a good option as it would look more like the natural nail colour from underneath if that makes sense.
... clear is obviously another option which I know is a popular choice.
What do you use and why?

I'm old school, I always use clear if I'm putting any kind of colour over the top, why waste my expensive opaque colours if I'm just covering it up. Also, again, old school....I like to see what's going on with the natural nail between appointments, you can't do that with opaque colours.

Good point. Clear is the same price as the nude colours in the brand I'm using!

Good point. Clear is the same price as the nude colours in the brand I'm using!

Yeah, you youngsters don't know how lucky you are!! ;) :p
When I first started nude opaques were mixed by the tech from coloured powders added to white, 9 times out of 10 you achieved 'bacterial infection green' without even trying :eek::D;)

Yeah, you youngsters don't know how lucky you are!! ;) :p
When I first started nude opaques were mixed by the tech from coloured powders added to white, 9 times out of 10 you achieved 'bacterial infection green' without even trying :eek::D;)

Latest posts

Back