What colour is this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmylou411

Reaction score
Hey, I have a client who wants the pic attached, she has dark hair a level 4. I know in my mind what I’m going to do but I can’t decide on what toner to use. ( I know it depends on outcome of bleach) Would you agree to lightening her to around a level 8 at most (depending on how well her hair lifts) and then tone down with a semi like a 7 something? Shall I use semi or permanent to last? Because it’s against a dark base I can’t decide whether the pic is a level 6 or 7? X she wants it’s subtle so scared of taking it too dark that it’s un noticeable or leaving it too light 🤦🏽‍♀️

Attachments

• 2C75BF13-E95C-4BD7-BB05-6A7DEBB238C4.jpeg
    2C75BF13-E95C-4BD7-BB05-6A7DEBB238C4.jpeg
    250.9 KB · Views: 40
I'd go with recolouring at a level 7, if she decides it too light, you can easily tone down to a 6 afterwards.
Personally I'd opt for a demi /semi because you don't need lift to re colour hair.

If she's naturally a level 4 then I'd tone with an Ash brown level 7 (maybe even half 6 half 7). There will be enough warmth in her lightened hair to create a nice natural brown like the pic, not too warm not too ashy. I've had clients before with a base of a 4 that I've lifted to a level 7 then I've toned with an Ash brown but the hair still has some of that underlying warmth in to balance it out perfectly.

Latest posts

Back