What colour to use instead of bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisy.h1990

Reaction score
Hi,

I qualified 2 years ago and have since been out of a salon but do hair outside of my normal work now sometime sinstead.
I have a friend who wants me to do highlights, she wants the same lift/lightness of bleach but without using bleach. I usually work with wella so if someone could give me and idea as to what colour i could use for the highlights that would be great. I believe she used that have two blondes mixed together but she isnt sure what two. Her hair is naturally a mousy brown

I would appreciate any help you could give me as I know it is hard to judge without actually seeing the hair.

Thanks

Daisy

dont want to sound rude but are you defo a hair pro??
what base shade is it? number wise?
2 blondes mixed together? like 2 seperate foils or a base and tone?
has she got just virgin hair now or roots?
need more info to help you

I haven't used any color in wella that can lift. But if she wants hi lights on virgin hair there is hi lift color that has a 1:2 ratio formula in matrix. They are double fusion blondes but this will only work on virgin hair. And will only lift a couple levels. But I would recommend telling us more about what you have to work with and the desired. Hope this helps.

I am a bleach girl all the way, and dont really know why some people are so against bleach, if they want to be as light as possible, its the only way, and more often than not, they would have had bleach previously but the hairdresser has told them otherwise....remember they are a client, we are the professional! We know best!
I am naturally a level 7 and have always used bleach even tho i know its not necessarily needed. Just keep in mind that with a high lift tint you are using a higher developer (9% or 12%) and highlift tints also have a higher amount of ammonia than a normal tint. I think the best way is to alternate a highlift foil and a bleach foil. Being that her base is quiet light then you would probably only need a low developer for the bleach (3%). A new technique that i have recently learned is called 'bright lightening' gives a beautiful result after foiling, let me know if you want the details :smack:::)

A new technique that i have recently learned is called 'bright lightening' gives a beautiful result after foiling, let me know if you want the details :smack:::)

Oooh sounds different is it the mark ronson look at the moment with a sheer pastal thru it? xoxo

Oooo can I have the details for bright lightening please? :)

like jotommo said depends on what base colour she is and what she wants to achieve? but in wella instead of bleach theres magma which is simular to bleach, or highlift 2:1 blondes or blondor lightening system (i think thats what its called? like majimeche) depends of how light she wants to go though.... x

Hi,

I've only ever used Loreal and gone for Hi-lift tint if I find people are against bleach - personally I prefer the control you get with bleach and I tend to use it with 10vol so the hair is still in good condition. Look at L'oreals Hi-lift tint method but it's 3 parts to mix so isn't as cheap as bleach

If you use Wella and she wants:

a standard looking light blonde, I would go for 12/0

an ashy light blonde 12/1

a light pearly white blonde 12/89

x

i love majirel's majimeche with 40vol, its great to work with, leave it on for 40mins no heat, always comes out great :)

I WORK WITH ALL WELLA PRODUCTS
Depends if you are working on virgin hair and what base colour, doesn't really matter about the tone, for eg; if you have a really warm tone, use a really ashy tone for the lift, like 12/96, this will get you that ashy violet blonde look.

When using a highlifting tint, also known as the Special Blonde range, (from wella) this will only lift on either virgin hair, or very washed out colours, i mean seriously washed out, more of a chance with colour touch, otherwise, tint DOES NOT lift tint They only lift about 3/4 shades, usually, i find it lifts more out of a foil, eg. on the scalp as a f/h tint, this probally isnt true but i just seem to find this. Remember all Highlifting tints have to be mixed with 12% so really, Blondor (bleach) could be mixed with alot lower peroxide, depending on the shade and the desired lift!

Hope that helps.. x

Latest posts

Back