What could be causing this nail whiteness?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lolla

Reaction score
Hi all

If the client doesn't pick her Gelish off, she's using her oil twice a day, she's following all after care, I am removing it correctly - what else could cause these white discolourations towards the ends of the nail?

She's been having Gelish for about 8 months now.

Thanks in advance x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1379750999930.jpg
    1379750999930.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 547
It could be a little calcium deficiency x

Could be the oil? I had a client who used sun cream and it did a similar thing to the gel

That is highly unlikely, and it won't be the oil either. Is it separating from the bail bed at all??are they brittle or breaking etc?

Just looks like dehydration marks to me. Her free edge looks very thin which could be why only this area looks dehydrated.

I agree with Waffle, it looks like a little dehydration.

Dehydration xx

That is highly unlikely, and it won't be the oil either. Is it separating from the bail bed at all??are they brittle or breaking etc?

No not separating or breaking etc. Yes her nails are quite thin and bendy, we always have to do Structure Gel or they don't last. It's only started happening over past say 2 months.

If she's using her oil at least 3 times a day, what else can I advise her to rehydrate them?

Thanks all x

This is definitely not due to signs of calcium deficiency. A calcium deficiency will first show up in the general health and well being of calcium deficient people such as palpitations and heart irregularities, bone problems and muscle cramping. When a deficiency does affect the nails, it causes them to become brittle.

Defiantly dehydration ! x

Thank you all. So it's definitely dehydration!

How can this be fixed?! She drinks shed loads of water and uses her oil at least 3 times a day... :confused:

To me it likes trauma not from been picked.. Has you mentioned you apply a structured gel to give her extra strength.

So may be the client is using her hands/nails a bit more heavily.. But not enough to cause lifting.

Just a stab in dark, I may be wrong. Cause if it was dehydration wouldn't it occur more so over all nails. ? On my iPhone all I can see is just below free edge line? X

Latest posts

Back