What could cause this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily S

Cheap ain't nice and nice ain't cheap <3
Reaction score
Hi a friend of mine has been having acrylics for the past 2 years by myself and has decided to give them a break as she has been getting these sore areas...

Anyone any idea what it could be, would an allergy be likely to look like this? She's not a biter...

Attachments

• 1452534495535.jpg
    1452534495535.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 168
Is she a picker?

Looks like she's been picking at her skin

As above I would bet on picking, I would be quite sure about it because I do exactly the same myself and it ends up looking just like this.

Last edited:
I agree with the above looks like she's had some dry cuticles, and ended up picking the hangnails and dry skin x

My cousin gets this her skin on her thumbs splits and then goes like the photos. She doesn't pick (I've lived with her) her hands are just like this occasionally it clears up and then comes back. The only thing I know about my cousin is that does have an auto immune disease so have no idea if it's related to that.

She says not and when she has acrylics on they're never like this, she also wears them a good 4 weeks between infills so I'd imagine if she was picking she'd be doing it whilst the nails were on too... It was my first question to her too... Very strange!

Latest posts

Back