What could this be after eyebrow waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellishbellish

Reaction score
I have a client that has come to me about 4 times for her brows waxing, and also has other bits waxed too. She asked me today if I knew why, after she has her brows waxed, she gets spots the following day. I asked her if they come up everywhere waxed and she said it is just in between her brows, nowhere else. I use hard/hot wax for brows and know she has previously had strip used, but she said it has been after every time she has been waxed, regardless of wax type. I asked her if she touches the area afterwards and she said she doesn't really touch her face at all.

She says they go down after a couple of days, and as she said, it depends on how much she messes with them as to whether they get heads on them.

Just wondering if anyone knows what this could be?

Thanks in advance. I am intrigued!

It's weird, but I get exact same on my top lip & chin everytime I wax there! Doesn't matter who does the waxing or wax used, even when I do myself. I have got so used to it and have accepted it's just one of those things that happens. But would be good to know if it can be avoided. x

When you rip hairs out your body automatically sends lymph containing white cells to the area to heal the skin.The white cells then die and go to the surface to form pus which are the whiteheads she is seeing.

I used to get this but touch wood it hadn't happened for a while as my therapist now doesn't put any after wax lotion on me, she thought it may have been cos of my pores being open then cream going in them xxx

Apply nappy cream straight after waxing and usually works a treat.

Is that any nappy cream Kim? I'll try on myself that one!! Although I use Aloe Vera after. But will try anything once!!

Sorry to butt in but by nappy cream do you mean something like sudacrem? :)

Is that any nappy cream Kim? I'll try on myself that one!! Although I use Aloe Vera after. But will try anything once!!
Sudocreme or Tesco. I've used them all and they all work. Let us all know if it works on you too. x

Thanks for the replies. Is this the case then even if the spots don't form heads? And is there any reason why they are only ever in the middle and not everywhere I have waxed?

Thanks for the replies. Is this the case then even if the spots don't form heads? And is there any reason why they are only ever in the middle and not everywhere I have waxed?
The idea is to put the nappy cream on straight after waxing to deter spots.

On that client, she may have oily skin in between her brows. No rhyme or reason sometimes. Things just happen.

I have heard that this is pretty common and could also be a histamine reaction. Try taking an antihistamine before waxing and see if that helps.

I have a few clients I thread in the middle as they get tiny White spots the day after waxing. Weird I've never actually looked into why it happens, they are all happy to accept it happens :s

Kims right!

I always put sudocreme on after waxing my own lip and never get the dreaded spots anymore!!

:lol:

I find I can break out in spots if I apply make up after a wax?

It's folliculitis. If it appears a few days after waxing it can be as a result of a bacterial infection but the day after it is just the follicles saying I dont like this!! It is most common on the lip but I have clients who get it above the brow too. There is not a lot you can do. I find clients who know they get it just plan for the waxing when they know it wont be an issue ie on the weekend or when they dont have an event.

My son gets it on his back after waxing, but he sweats a lot so I thought that was the problem.
I'm going to try Sudacrem on him the next time.
(He's 25, and I thought my days of plastering him with nappy cream were over!) :rolleyes:

It's folliculitis. If it appears a few days after waxing it can be as a result of a bacterial infection but the day after it is just the follicles saying I dont like this!! It is most common on the lip but I have clients who get it above the brow too. There is not a lot you can do. I find clients who know they get it just plan for the waxing when they know it wont be an issue ie on the weekend or when they dont have an event.
Sorry to disagree and I appreciate it may be different in Oz as we all have different rules to go by. I'm not a doctor but here in the UK, we refer to it as Folliculitis when the follicle is infected, it won't heal and the client needs anti-biotics. Just a break out doesn't mean that it's Folliculitis……..it's just a break out.

sudacrem as in the one in a grey pot labeled just 'sudacrem'??? not a special type of sudacrem???

Latest posts

Back