What daily reports are required for accountant?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allyballybee

Reaction score
I am currently using an manual appointment system, where next to each client I record price and payment type. At the end of each day, I total up treatments, products and gift vouchers sold and reconcile it with cash, cheques and credit card totals. I keep all this info for accountant.

I am thinking about getting salon iris software system.

Does anyone know what the minimum reports required for accountant/tax people are? i.e. do I have to print out a list of every client and their payments and services, or just a summary, like cash/card transaction for day? would would that be?

Thanks guys for reading, hope someone can tell me!:)

I am currently using an manual appointment system, where next to each client I record price and payment type. At the end of each day, I total up treatments, products and gift vouchers sold and reconcile it with cash, cheques and credit card totals. I keep all this info for accountant.

I am thinking about getting salon iris software system.

Does anyone know what the minimum reports required for accountant/tax people are? i.e. do I have to print out a list of every client and their payments and services, or just a summary, like cash/card transaction for day? would would that be?

Thanks guys for reading, hope someone can tell me!:)

From my tax course last year I understood it that the IR were interested in your incomings and a breakdown of outgoings and that was it. If the IR then wanted to look at your accounts the breakdown on incomings would be in your appointment book which could then be tallied with your account. Hope it is right.

From my tax course last year I understood it that the IR were interested in your incomings and a breakdown of outgoings and that was it. If the IR then wanted to look at your accounts the breakdown on incomings would be in your appointment book which could then be tallied with your account. Hope it is right.

this is what i was told aswell.

I use Salon iris and Its fab. Each day i print out a list of tickets (shows the client name, treatment type and charge) and a totals page (shows the total products, services gift vouchers sold, gift vouchers redeemed and payment methods). This seems to surfice although Salon Iris holds all the info anyway so you can always go back and print out other information as and when required.

Let me know if you want any more info before purchasing.
Lilac

the salon computer systems are great, and do all of the hard work for you., however, a good accountant only needs the total incomings, and total outgoings of the financial year (and i bag up all my reciepts) and they do the rest for you. they also know how to save you loads of money (laundry etc). i used to do up a weekly income/outgoing/profit report and include this. HTHs :)

Thanks guys. Lilac - interested to know if the salon iris system has ever caused any problems, although doesn't sound like it, and did you purchase the hardware through the company or get your own. Do you make use of the technical support - seems quite pricey considering they are not open all the salon hours. Thanks.:confused:

Susidoos~
You can go to salon iris website and download a free trial to play with and see if it will fit your needs. It is a wonderful software but was a bit too much for me.

Good luck.

Jayne~

No, i didn't get the technical support or but the hardware through salon iris. We run it on a dell computer and bought a receipt printer and cash draw second hand and put it all together.

I have had no problems so far and have been using the system for a year, it does take a little while for people to get used to if they haven't worked with a computer before, some of the therapists in our salon hadn't(!) but after a couple of weeks with it they were fine.

I would definately use the trial first though as that lets you set it up with your treatments/products and run it with 10 clients. When you have more than that you pay and they send you a registration number so that you can run with more than 10 clients.

Hope this helps
Lilac

Latest posts

Back