What days/hours to be available?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adventuregirl

Reaction score
For those who started up alone, how did you decide on your hours and days?

To begin with, I figure I'm going to be available for appointments every hour of every day, but not quite sure how to word this, without sounding desperate!

Also, ideally, I would like to have some days off in the week to spend time with my baby!

So, I guess my question would be, how would I word my available days but still allow clients to ask if they need me at another time?

Hope this makes some sense?!

:rolleyes:

Hi, I offer mobile and salon appointments (I rent a room in a hairdressers). On my website, I have my salon days and hours displayed, underneath this I have put mobile and out of hours salon appointments by request. I hope this helps :)

I put it on my website appointments available from 9am til 9pm Monday to Friday Saturday 10-5 and Sunday by request! I try to group the appointments together to try an have a couple of morning or afternoons off, I've busy most evening til 9 or later. And I find that because I work so late in the week days that Saturday can be fairly quick so I often have Saturdays off lol

Mine are 9-9 Monday to Friday (I block out times for school runs and dinner etc and just say I'm booked if people ask for that time
Saturday 9-1 and out of hours available via advance arrangement.

Mine are 6pm-10pm mon-thur,
6pm-9pm on fri, sat 10am-3pm,
sun 11am-3pm.

I decided these as I work full time.
If I need to fit anyone in ill do it, but not a last minute client.

Had a friend ask me at 6.30pm today if she could come and get her nails done, I had to politely say no, as I had things planned.

I'd say do what works for you.

Im mobile and work round my kids school/nursery. I advertise that I work 9.30am -11.30am & 7pm -11pm Mon to Friday, Sat & Sun from 10am to 9pm. Now I don't work all these hours, but as I'm mobile I'm not going to turn down work because I don't work a certain day, what I do is ensure that I have a day off during the week and preferably one day off at the weekend. This way I ensure people enquire about anytime rather than trying elsewhere because I'm closed. Hope that makes sense.

Annie x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using SalonGeek

Excellent. Thanks, all! Think I will advertise my hours then state that I am available outwith these times, on request/by appointment only.

:)

Latest posts

Back