What do I do for natural acrylic nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allieXayrshire

Reaction score
Hi
Just wondering if someone can help, if the client asks for natural looking acrylic nails, what would you give them?

Nice streamlined nails that compliment the natural nail with a lovely curving apex and NOT too thick, especially at the tip of the free edge. Thick bulky nails look tacky :)

In terms of what type of powder I use creatives Natural on the free edge and perfect pink on zone 2 and 3.......This is mainly what I wear myself as I am not keen on french on myself

I would do a custom blend to make them look as natural as possible but better! :)

i use NSI and have most of their colours. Didnt do my training with them thiough and i think thats the problrm. Thinking of investing in some more training as im unsure of different colours to use on what client and different shapes for what client etc. who did u all train with?

i like millenium natural nail extensions at college we've been using those and radiant pink or sheer pink on zone 1,2 and 3 and the edge super shine buff with some oil i couldn't believe it they looked so smooth shiny and long and so natural cos it's not that extreme white i mean no1 has a 100% bright white free edge these tips just look so real
as you can tell im a fan.lol

hth. kaye x

The most basic and easiest way to do a natural looking nail is to apply a natural tip and blend it, then apply an overlay of either pink or clear acrylic(L&P).Even easier if you use a well less tip.
This is the way most beginners training courses show you.

Who did you actually do your training with?

It is always a good idea to update your trainiing, especiially with all the different techniques being used now, reverse application, extended nail beds, custom blending. So many ways to really enhance your clients nails.

i did my training at the caledonian therapy academy in glasgow. they used LCN(beauty concepts) then i did a refreshor course with NSI which was great. would love to do more training but cant afford it as my initial training was so expensive. I do have basic knowledge and never get complaints from clients but i do feel there is more i need to learn because i think most of my nails are quite the same. I have spent so much time researching the net but there are so many different ways of doing things and so many products. would NSI's soft white be natural enough with sheer pink? i have tried natural tips and pink overlay but i find the smile line looks uneven if u know what i mean? i couldnt seem to find pictures online of natural acrylics x

Hi love

The most natural look I have been able to come up with is using clear l&p on the nail plate and using INM Natural l&p on the free edge. Its the closest I have found to the natural color of the free edge.

Gigi's secret mix for the fre edge, it won't let you down. Do a search about it and see. I bet you can match your colors with it too:green:

The most natural-looking enhancements are thin at the free edge, and taper into the sidewalls and cuticle area. Doesn't really matter what color you use, as long as you can't see a "ledge" and you keep the apex in balance with the rest of the nail, it's going to look natural. :)

Gigi's secret mix for the fre edge, it won't let you down. Do a search about it and see. I bet you can match your colors with it too:green:

I'm tried searching for this but can't find it. Can anyone help please? :)

Latest posts

Back