what do I need legally before setting up a nail shop

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aunaturale

Reaction score
Hi All!
I have been reading on here for quite a while and I must say,very informative!
I have not been able to find anything about my particular situation. I am trying to get moved into a massage business, my friend is the owner of that business and I will not be paying any rent or anything.We have agreed that until my business really takes off I will answer her phone and make our appointments.At a later time when I get too busy I suggested that we can band together and then hire a receptionist.As I stated earlier this is an existing business and I was not planning on having my own business name,She was just going to add me as an extra service to her existing business.I will be doing Only natural nail care and pedicures. Do I have to have a seperate business name and have a permanant sign attached to the business as well???
Any ideas what kind of legal items I will need (licenses,forms,Insurance etc.)???????
Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a million.....:confused:

First things first are you a qualified nail tech? Could you please fill out your profile a little more, mainly so that we have the information needed to be able to help you.

You need to discuss with them if you will be self employed, to which you will be paying them rent, supplying your own product and furniture etc, or if you will be employed by them, meaning you would pay them nothing and they will be supplying all products. I believe that if employed by them then they should be sorting out any insurances etc to cover you while in their employ. You, as a qualified tech should already have your licensing/certificates...whether or not you are doing enhancements or natural nail care. Check out BeautyTech Beauty Professionals Networking on the Net- for the Nail Tech, Salon and Day Spa Owner, Cosmetologist, Esthetician as they are an american based site that should have the relevent information for you. HTH

Yes, I have been liscensed since 1988. I just signed up here and haven't figured everything out.Sorry. I am not paying ANY rent and she is not paying me anything.The massage therapist just wants me to come there so she can offer manicures and pedicures to her clients and I can do my existing clients also.Seems to be a win/win situation for us both.I will be buying my own supplies and equipment.Basically We are 2 seperate business people in one building.I just don't think there is room for me to put an extra sign on the front of this building and I hadn't planned on changing her business name or putting an additional name on the building unless I HAD to.Anyway,thanks for the link and I will check it out.....:green:

Ok, that's cool. What about putting a notice on the inside of the window stating that "natural nail care is now available, enquire within"?

Latest posts

Back