What do I need to try Gellish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxie20

Reaction score
I do several nail systems including Bio Sculpture and Lcn and I would now like to try either Gellish or Shellac without spending a fortune!!!
Could someone please let me know what I need apart from the coloured gel to do a set of nails........preferably using Gellish?
Many Thanks

Hi There

You will need:

• PH Bond
  • Gelish Foundation
  • Colour of Choice
  • Gelish Top it Off
The PH Bond is a dehydrator so another brand can be used if you are just trialing it on yourself. I would recommend getting the propper stuff though. It will not be a waste of money I promise you, I have switched from Gelac to Gelish and I will never look back. I have had Gelish on my nails for 3 weeks and it looks fab (Apart from the regrowth).

xxx

It would also be useful to get a gel brush to dry wipe the foundation layer and the gelish cleanser.

If you go on the Nail Harmony website they have a starter kit on there.

Nail Harmony also now do a mini kit with all the essentials so you can try it out Mini Basix Kit (NEW) NEW Kits GELISH - that plus a colour would get you started. Or you could go and have them done in a salon first, that way you can see how you like them before you part with lots of cash. I'm assuming you've already got a 36w UV lamp too :)

Yes I have several different lamps I can use as well as various brushes......so is the starter kit worth buying? I have pretty well made up my mind that Gellish is the way to go so what do I need to order if I don't go the starter kit route ie base coat, colour and top coat? Also I would like to know from Gellish users what colours are your most popular at the moment?
Many Thanks xxx

You will need the PH Bond, Foundation (Base Coat), Top Coat and Cleanser.

My most popular colours at the moment are Bellas Vampire, Midnight Caller, Night Reflection, Sweet Chocolate and Deep Sea, this is only since the weather has changed as these are darker colours.

Everyone keeps saying they are going to have Good Gossip for christmas though x

Four out of four sets of nails have been good gossip for me, it is truly gorgeous, I personally love tiger blossom and passion but no one has had these yet it all depends on taste xx

Tiger Blossom, Passion and Gossip Girl were my most poplular during summer time x

Thanks so much for the advice girls.......you are brilliant!!!!

Nail Harmony have an offer on at the moment. Buy the Foundation (base coat) and get Top it off (top coat) free.

Jetset is a beautiful colour too.

Check out the Gelish lovers group for pics and general advice.:biggrin:

So, I have made the decision to go with Gellish so should I bother with buying the starter kit or should I just dive in and buy what I need immediately? I have wasted so much money in the past trying various different products and I really don't want to waste any more money again

Ive not added up what it would cost to buy separately but whilst the offer is on to buy the foundation and get the top coat free you are probably best to buy separately if you have brushes etc already.

Go on the Nail Harmony UK website and add up what you need, as long as you have a manicure certificate you can buy from them x

Forgot to say, the offer STARTS on the 24th!

With this current offer I'd definately go for it, just buy one colour to start with if u are a but dubious, I was in the sane boat as you, bought shellac at the trade fair in gmex but still felt I had to buy gelish so £208 later in sallys I'd bought a good few colours and the top n base and iv not looked back - I personally think it's gorgeous to work with and really does go on like polish, just remember to apply thinly and it will be fine xx

So, I have made the decision to go with Gellish so should I bother with buying the starter kit or should I just dive in and buy what I need immediately? I have wasted so much money in the past trying various different products and I really don't want to waste any more money again

Hi Roxie20

I think what you have to ask yourself is what are you looking for in a gel/gel polish?

• good colour choice?
  • price competetive
  • excellent training AND BACKUP SUPPORT:wink2:
  • super fast cure time (latest in led technology)
I hear where you are coming from...when i started i hopped from gel to gel to gel looking for the 'super gel' hit some probs along the way but when you 'understand' your products and are confident in your application it will all click into place.

There is a space in the market for soak of gels/ Gel polishes and Hard Gel...and acrylic. Horses for courses not one product will suit all! Remember that!:biggrin:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back