What do I need to try glitters etc?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi geeks, As a beginner Im still mastering p&w, but Im hoping soon I'll be ready to try something more adventurous - glitters etc. I use creative l&p. Lots of you say great things about Ez flow products for colours and glitters & was wondering whether I should buy some. But does this mean I would have to buy a seperate brush for glitters, & monomer or anything else? I currently use creative retention+. Is there any other info I should know? Many thanks!! need as much info as poss..so much to learn..:lol:

you could try Nail Graphix Glitters...from here Nail Graphix glitter Acrylic

It comes in marked pots that you simply add your powder too....if you look in the gallery and just search glitter you will see some brill examples of work that geeks have done using this glitter............doing it this way you don't need anything other than what you already have. x

I use a different brush for glitter application simply because no matter how hard I try, there always seems to be one or two flecks of glitter left in the brush that then show up on my pink'n'whites. It drove me crazy so I started using a separate brush for glitters and now I only spaz out half as much....:green:

Use a seperate brush for glitter work for sure.. Its a nightmare if you dont! i have an old brush i use fow my glitter.. because as above poster said.. they are hard to clean..
good luck:hug:

Hi geeks, As a beginner Im still mastering p&w, but Im hoping soon I'll be ready to try something more adventurous - glitters etc. I use creative l&p. Lots of you say great things about Ez flow products for colours and glitters & was wondering whether I should buy some. But does this mean I would have to buy a seperate brush for glitters, & monomer or anything else? I currently use creative retention+. Is there any other info I should know? Many thanks!! need as much info as poss..so much to learn..:lol:

you can use EzFlow boogie Nights powders with CND R+ ... that what i first did when i found EzFlow before fully converting

The 3 Boogie Nights collections (Dare to be Dazzling, Walk of Fame and Carnival) all come in a kit which contains monomer, 15 glitter powders, resin, some tips too
You can however by them in 1oz pots if you just want a certain colour or glitter

If you are going to use the powders with EzFlows Q monomer you have to remember that you would need a separate brush than your CND one to avoid contamination and that it also requires primer

HTH

Jess
xox

ps. if you want more EzFlow info on kits just call the EzFlow no. on 0845 330 0840 and im sure your local distributor will send you out a product guide etc...

Will I need to buy a separate dappen dish as well?? & is retention+ ok to use with Ez flow powders? Do you guys prefer to use Ez flow or nail graphix glitters??? Not sure which to start with. Many thanks! Sarah.

you can use EzFlow boogie Nights powders with CND R+ ... that what i first did when i found EzFlow before fully converting

The 3 Boogie Nights collections (Dare to be Dazzling, Walk of Fame and Carnival) all come in a kit which contains monomer, 15 glitter powders, resin, some tips too
You can however by them in 1oz pots if you just want a certain colour or glitter

If you are going to use the powders with EzFlows Q monomer you have to remember that you would need a separate brush than your CND one to avoid contamination and that it also requires primer

HTH

Jess
xox

ps. if you want more EzFlow info on kits just call the EzFlow no. on 0845 330 0840 and im sure your local distributor will send you out a product guide etc...
Thanks loads for the advise, theres still so much that I need to know. It didnt occur to me that Id have to use a seperate brush for a different monomer. I think it would be easier for me to stick with my retention+. Would I still need to use a primer?? Many Thanks, Sarah.

Thanks loads for the advise, theres still so much that I need to know. It didnt occur to me that Id have to use a seperate brush for a different monomer. I think it would be easier for me to stick with my retention+. Would I still need to use a primer?? Many Thanks, Sarah.

Primer is not needed with Retention.

Primer is not needed with Retention.

If you are using your R+ with EzFlow powders then just do your prep as norm and use the product as you normally would so as R+ is a primerless liquid then you dont need to prime

Just wondered, would I be able to use Ezflow glitters with my OPI absolute monomer? I'd love to try glitters and coloured acrylics but OPI's colour are a bit limited. I keep trying to mix them but the colours aren't quite right somehow.

Thank You

Latest posts

Back