What do I say to clients who take their time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMOUSE

Reaction score
ok i had a client in last night, this is the second time she has come. She already had nails on from somewhere else. The problem i am having is that it took me nearly 2hrs with this client with infils because she couldn't decide what pattern to have. What can i say to clients as this is becoming a regular occurance now and somethimes it can take them 20 mins to choose a design. I have told them to look at my designs on the net and also to come earlier to have a look at the designs.

What i would like is to charge for the extra time they are using but don't know how to put it to them, i want to put this in my salon in writing but also i dont want to offend clients.

Honestly on my opinion I don't think you can hun as I feel no matter how you word it you will alienate clients and spoil their experience. What you can do is train your team to ask all the right questions and close the sale!so you are finding out which colour would be perfect for their lifestyle any occasion etc etc then using language that is persuasive and decisive, this is the colour for you then it will be perfect for these reasons don't you agree...

...sorry couldn't get to the bottom of my post on my phone!!

Or you can politely mention the time as you have a client in at such a time so really need to be starting your nails at .... Time or you will end up with one hand done!!make it light and jokey this could maybe help! Good luck with it!

And this is the reason I stopped doing nail art

Pain in the a..e

What is WRONG with people? I don't take that long to choose my clothes when I'm shopping and they're going to last a lot longer than a set of nails lol

Or politely mention the time and that you have a client in straight after make it jokey and light but you could say somthig like we really need to be starting your nails at x time or you'll end up with only one hand done!!

When these clients book next time, I would say '' do you need to choose a design or do you know what you want?''

If they know I would make a note of it & if they dont know I would say

''could you come in 20 mins before your appointment time to choose
please as I am fully booked & need to begin your treatment on time otherwise I wont have time for the treatment''

Sorry my phones playing up it said that post hadn't sent!

Sorry how negative my last post sounded :smack:

No seriously though, some people you cannot seem to hurry along no matter what. :irked:

If it was part of the l&p/shellac service (as in, not painted on afterwards) then I guess you have to do it, or lose the client.

Is it because you have too much choice of patterns/colours? Would whittling it down a bit help?

could you print off your designs from the web and give them a handout sheet so they can choose for next time? So they actually have something tangible? It might remind them whereas they just go away and forget to look at your website? Just a thought.

Sorry not being much help lol

When these clients book next time, I would say '' do you need to choose a design or do you know what you want?''

If they know I would make a note of it & if they dont know I would say

''could you come in 20 mins before your appointment time to choose
please as I am fully booked & need to begin your treatment on time otherwise I wont have time for the treatment''

This would be great if she worked in a salon but if you work from home it wouldn't make much difference as it's still taking up time. TMouse do you work in a salon? x

could you print off your designs from the web and give them a handout sheet so they can choose for next time? So they actually have something tangible? It might remind them whereas they just go away and forget to look at your website? Just a thought.

/QUOTE]

I think this is a great idea. Home or salon. If you prinred them on a business ard size or bigger, folded, it would fit in their purse x

I have a set of colour stix for colours then another set for nail art, there's a decent selection of designs on there and I have pics of them on my fb page too so I try to get clients to look out for them on there first to get an idea of what they want and if they haven't decided before they arrive I give them the set of art stix to flick through while I'm prepping. If they still can't decide, I ask them if they have any events or special outfits to wear in the next couple of weeks and suggest something to go with that and if that doesn't work they usually just go with what I suggest to try something different.

I find that most of my clients will go for whatever I'm wearing so I try to keep my designs simple and wear what I want to do

This would be great if she worked in a salon but if you work from home it wouldn't make much difference as it's still taking up time. TMouse do you work in a salon? x

In her post she said she wanted to put it up in the salon :)

I have the same with clients choosing polish or Gelish colours. I present all my pops at the beginning of the service and let them choose while prepping. Sometimes you have to help them decide. I can be quite persuasive if need be. When it's time for application it's sorted.

I have the same with clients choosing polish or Gelish colours. I present all my pops at the beginning of the service and let them choose while prepping. Sometimes you have to help them decide. I can be quite persuasive if need be. When it's time for application it's sorted.

This is what I do too.

If I know a client wants something different, even if it's a new colour, I will chat to them about it while I prep their nails.

You need to talk and work at the same time, so you aren't wasting any time during the service.

Some clients will take longer than others to choose.

I agree that we need to help the client to choose... I find my clients trust me and will let me choose for them.

Latest posts

Back