what do i say?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

angel fingers

Reaction score
please help me out on this problem. ive started working near a salon that is turning out the most apalling pink + whites i have ever seen. i have given a lot of aftercare advice out to their clients as none of the techs in there speak english. some of the ladies have seen that i am offering a better class of service and have moved over to me. how can i tactfully tell people that their nails look crap and from what they are describing their nailbeds are being destroyed into the bargain. i dont want to come across as a badmouther or sound like i am just using scare tactics to get business. it seems to me that they are preying on peoples lack of knowledge and the worst looking extensions are always on teenage girls who are to shy to say anything or dont yet know what good nails can be like. i cant believe how much business they do , its so wrong.

Hiya

hmmm.... this is a difficult one and i know exactly were your coming from, :eek: i had the same thing a salon opened across the road from me and turned out the most appaling work, cut fingers, lumpy nails and to remove they charged their clients £20 and took clippers and pried the gel up and then straight of taking half thier nail bed with it. :mad: :mad:
They were incredibly cheep and worked like a conveyer belt, one would prep one apply tips, one apply gell, and one finish....................
Soooooooo i digress.........
What we did was be sympathetic and provid rescue manicures and after care products......
Eventually most of thier clients transfered to us as word spreads very fast and they upped sticks and moved overnight :( bit sus eh? I have since heard that they have moved three times since too......
So chin up be proffesional and gently explain that their nails could have been treated in a much better way show them your own nails, or your portfolio and when they see what they could look like............ well you know the rest..
Do a recommend a friend scheme to so that the client who recommends someone gets a 10% voucher when they have been and give your new client a voucher to use on her RETURN visit..... you will be suprised how quickly you will build up

WOW what a ramble i hope some of it made some sense :o :o

Good luck

You cannot really do anything about these places unfortunately. In some cases people will go to whoever is cheapest no matter what. These are not really the clients you want anyway. Compete on quality never on price, do not be tempted to reduce your prices to get clients from there.

It is not a good idea to bad mouth them directly but you could get lots of information for handouts on this site and elsewhere on the net about the dangers of improper products and application methods.

As long as you do the best job possible, then the clients will seek you out.

naturalnails said:
You cannot really do anything about these places unfortunately. In some cases people will go to whoever is cheapest no matter what. These are not really the clients you want anyway. Compete on quality never on price, do not be tempted to reduce your prices to get clients from there.

It is not a good idea to bad mouth them directly but you could get lots of information for handouts on this site and elsewhere on the net about the dangers of improper products and application methods.

As long as you do the best job possible, then the clients will seek you out.

the amazing thing is they are not any cheaper and take over 2 hours to produce nails that look like chicken nuggets in shape and have the smile line up way too far. not that its much of a smile! :rolleyes:

There is an excellent and thought provoking article on these types of salons in this months Scratch, it is written by Ketan Patel.

What he is basically saying that these places often give customers their first taste of nail "enhancements", they then get the bug and probably look for a better service and quality next time.

The two big towns either side of my small town have their fair share of these salons. Everyone seems to have been to one once!!!! They never seem to go back a second time and would never recommend these places to friends. The negative word of mouth story will spread faster than you know it.

Those who have got the nail bug in your area will soon be looking for the type of service you offer. Effectively, the bad salon will help to increase your good reputation!!

Let the quality of your work,sevice and standards speak for you.

glynis said:
There is an excellent and thought provoking article on these types of salons in this months Scratch, it is written by Ketan Patel.

What he is basically saying that these places often give customers their first taste of nail "enhancements", they then get the bug and probably look for a better service and quality next time.

The two big towns either side of my small town have their fair share of these salons. Everyone seems to have been to one once!!!! They never seem to go back a second time and would never recommend these places to friends. The negative word of mouth story will spread faster than you know it.

Those who have got the nail bug in your area will soon be looking for the type of service you offer. Effectively, the bad salon will help to increase your good reputation!![/QUOTE

glynis, you are right near to me arent you, this is the same salon that you mentioned in one of your posts.

sawasdee ka

Salon like this can not stay long time the reason salon like this move all time is them try to make some fast money make cheap nails many and after when lady know no good them not go salon same this and look for better .

You can have there customers now and all when them gone sometimes have to wait little bit no problem .

Mui from Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back