what do u think ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ste

Reaction score
hi, my salon is set back off the street and was thinking about geting a pavement sign to put next to the road what do you guys think ? the cost of the sing is about the same as a add for two weeks in local rag, do you think the sing is better as it will look better and be there longer i know i would like to get the sing i think i want someone to say GET IT it is what you need and it will work but nobody i have asked will say that all i get is if you think and up to you ! help i need input :confused:

here is my input hun...the sing will benefit your business...so...........................

get it !!!!xxx

thanks, just needed to tell someone that understands you know to reasure .i know it sounds thick but that why i like this site :green:

thanks, just needed to tell someone that understands you know to reasure .i know it sounds thick but that why i like this site :green:
that is what we are here for hun..xxxxxx

i thinkyou have to check with the council as to wether you can display an a board outside, ( i think!!)
in case it disrupts people walking down the street, or causes a hazard,
like i said not sure, maybe someone else will confirm this?

mmmmmmm, singing pavement ..... what song would it sing ?

The Killers "Read my mind" :lol:

Seriously though if you are thinking of an A Board or sign....check with your local council as there are a lot of bye laws regarding them. The last thing you want is to pay out your hard earned money for an A Board and the council come and confiscate it and fine you!!!!

Nikki...I definitely am reading minds today!!!!...pity about my slow typing....

if you can get permission from council I would say def. get it. My husband and I have owned 4 successful businesses and we have always found the best form of advertising has always been firstly good recomendations from clients and fixed signage. Paper and radio, has never really worked for us like money spent on well thought out and presented business cards, vehicle sign writing and fixed signage. But if you are going to do it, do it well and not "on the cheap".

Good luck

it may be cheaper to get lettering put on your window, it cost me about £110 for 2 windows.

The window lettering is a good idea but personally to start i would go with a board. You can put a lot more information on there. Such as opening times, a short list of product brands/treatments, to get an immediate interest.

I have just been looking into this for the same reason - I am just off the high street too.

Having looked at prices my lovely husband has this weekend bought the wood and is going to make the A board then I'm getting professionally printed for £80.

I'm hoping that it will bring in alot more business.:)

Latest posts

Back