What do you classify as a 'shape and polish'?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimjb25

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can help solve a small issue two of us are having. I am a nail tech and I clasify a shape and polish as cuticule work, shape and then polish although my friend purely does a shape and polish. Which one of these would you say is correct???? A bit of a silly and pointless question but would solve a disagrement for us!

Thanks all, Kim x

Your friend is right. What you do is usually advertised as a buff and polish.

I would do the cuticles as well, I dont think you get the best finish if you dont, especially if they have cuticles growing up their nail!!

I push back, put don't do the full cuticle removal, then file and polish.

Thanks guys, means we are both pretty happy with that response! I think I may stick to what I am used to and Im sure my friend will too!:)

Thanks again, Kim x

Hi,

Im the same as your friend, I shape free edge and polish, if they have overgrown cuticles I advise them, as I would need to charge extra for doing cuticle work.

Hope this helps x

Its great to hear what others do and advise, very difficult to go into your local competition and try to ask them!
I must say, this is the first time I have posted on this forum and I am amazed by the fast and quality responses!!!

A huge thanks again! x

Hi,

Im the same as your friend, I shape free edge and polish, if they have overgrown cuticles I advise them, as I would need to charge extra for doing cuticle work.

Hope this helps x

Yep I'm the same. A shape and polish is just that, filing into shape and polish. If the cuticles need doing, charge for it! :hug:

For me, shape and polish means shape and polish.
Cuitcle work, shape and polish is a mini / express manicure and I charge more.

I agree with Gelly a file n polish is exactly that and a mini mani includes a push back - otherwise mt time would be effected and someone with really overgrown cuticles would be unhappy as I couldnt work on them.

Yep I'm the same. A shape and polish is just that, filing into shape and polish. If the cuticles need doing, charge for it! :hug:

Same for me. If the cuticle needs any work I advise then to book in for a manicure.

This is how I list mine...

shape and polish - file nails and apply polish.
mini manicure - remove cuticles, file and polish.
Full manicure - massage of hand and lower arm, soak, remove cuticles, file and polish.
delux manicure - all the above with either heated mitts or paraffin wax.

I agree... IMO anything more than filing the nails and applying basecoat, enamel and topcoat falls into the 'mini manicure' category which includes cuticle removal.

I don't offer only file and polish.
I offer mini manicure= cuticle work, file length and shape, buff nail and apply polish, i charge £6.50 for this.
I prefer to do the proper prep if i am going to apply polish as it lasts longer so clients end up happy bunny's.

Latest posts

Back