What do you clean your spray tan room with ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAX inc

Reaction score
Any of u found a good way to get your spray tall room Walls clean ? It takes forever for me to wash the Walls . They look clean then in front if my eyes they look dirty again. Iv tried bleach, flash, soapy water. My Walls are White so not the best colour but I like it bright in there as it's small. Any tips appreciated ?

good old wash powder in hot water, rub with a soft cloth, I use it all the time, on walls & skirting boards too, x

Are the walls tiled? if so bleach can sometimes (after several uses) actually discolour the grout in between the tiles. Let us know what the walls are like and could have another think. the wash powder idea is defo worth a try i think also : )

We used to have a little tan room and we painted it a really deep Auvergne colour. Fab for overspray on walls. We also had a stand up daylight lamp in there. Was great for seeing all nook and crannies to spray clients.

Washing powder , never would of thought of that. The walls are painted White but iv got a tiler coming to tile on Monday, white tiles. I was worried about the grout going brown so was going to grout in black but it might look awful. What do u think ?

i think all light coloured grouts will discolour over time and you may have to re-grout. as for the black grout im not sure, its either gonna look odd or really fab, tidy and quite striking against the white tiles : )
id be tempted to go for it with the dark grout.
seemingly a small thing to consider but do please let us know the outcome, il possibly be in a similar situation myself soon...
: )

Can't you change the colour of the walls? I had white. It's now cream and makes such a difference!

I haven't tried it, but maybe sugar soap from b & q might work. Also try getting in touch with a company called Autosmart, they sell car cleaning products, but when I had a cafe I used to buy a fantastic degreaser that brought my griddle up like new, it literally lifted the carbon off. Just a thought xx

I'm just about to create a spray tan area and I'm thinking of going for a wet room effect with chocolate brown tiles on both the walls and the floor to try to save on the washing down. God does it sound awful.... but we've actually done the same in a shower room at home and with the right tiles it looks fab. The chocolate brown grout you can use is fantastic as it needs no deep cleaning or maintenance.....so easy!! I just hope it's not going to be too expensive. Another idea I've seen is to line the walls of a small room with shower curtains. One salon near me has lined the walls of a little room with black shower curtains (somehow pinned or stapled against the wall) and they've put down a black lino type floor and it really does look okay.

Iv had shower curtains up against the walls behind the filters for years now but i wanted a sharper more hi Tec look and the salon is black and White so tiles of a different colour will look funny. Even the door behind me has stained green so the overspray does get every where . I was going for the wet room look myself then at least I can jet wash it lol.

I've had to paint my walls a grey colour, I was forever washing mine every weekend & it was getting in the same situation! I used diluted bleach too! xxxxx

Hi, haven't a clue about spray tan lotions, but vanish {that you put in your washing machine} mixed with hot water cleans all sorts of things eg casserole dishes, so might be worth trying.

Well iv done it. My Spray tan room has had a complete make over, it's now floor to ceiling in grey marble style tiles with black grout. It looks like a very modern wet room and I'm thrilled, cleaning should be a doddle. Soapy water and a window squidgie hopefully :)

Well iv done it. My Spray tan room has had a complete make over, it's now floor to ceiling in grey marble style tiles with black grout. It looks like a very modern wet room and I'm thrilled, cleaning should be a doddle. Soapy water and a window squidgie hopefully :)

Oooooh sounds great, feel free to post a pic and let us see :)

My tanning room is like a wet room. I have black tiles and grout and a cream tile on the floor with black grout ( sounds weird but looks great). I have no problem at all cleaning and I use an all purpose cleaner that leaves my black tiles nice and shiny. Soooooo easy to keep clean. Best thing I ever did.

Latest posts

Back