What Do You Do To Have Fun Outside Of Work/Nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mmm...

Ok when Im not working...I like to...

* Go out and PARTAY!! Alcohol and podiums are compulsary :D

* Listen to music, and pretend Im the latest popstar to hit the scene :eek:

* Watching films, usually when I'm with my boyfriend, when we are both bored :biggrin: Oh and watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S over and over and over...

* Draw and paint and study art, and customise every old item of clothing I have that I never wear anymore :D

* Texting on my phone (at 100 words per 5 seconds)...we are joined at the hand, ya'know! :rolleyes:

* Log onto Geek Board Heaven

* Eating and sleeping!!

* Going to the gym, well, when I havent injured my wrist or back or when Im ill (so not a lot!!)

* Window shopping - cos I can't afford to shop for real...yet!! Unless I sacrifice a night out for it! :eek:

* Daydreaming!! :o

And thats my exciting life... :!: :D Glad I have the nails to keep me sane lol

xxlaylaxx

Wow guys you are so interesting - What a great thread

Well I am a sucker and I own a second business - (DONT DO IT!) I am a freelance photographer. I have a few contracts and it will make life interesting soon since most of my work is on the weekends FOR BOTH BUSINESSES!!!

I Love cars - this is how I got into photogrphy mostly motorsport
I have my dog - Rottweiler Bitch, starting my own kennel Love of my life!
MY car - a 1971 GM Holden LC Torana GTR-XU1 (Unless you are familiar with aussie muscle cars you will have to google it)
Magazines - front to back LOVE EM!
TV - Can't miss Home & Away or Blue Heelers (Both Aussie shows)
Movies - But I haven't been for AGES!
Animals of all kinds
SHOPPING!!!! - When I have money - hate it when I don't

Don't drink, smoke or go clubbing but you do not want to be around me if I have not had any Coca Cola :)

Mrs Geek said:
Cooking anything (well apart from 'shrooms) but I love cooking!!! Did I mention shopping? I quite like that too! I love reading magazines front to back :D When I remember that I'm a member - I go to the gym:eek: , trying to keep up with this site and this is seriously sad but I love playing Spider (the hard one with 8 decks) on the computer - drives GMG nuts:o but I am kick b** at it now and can't rest until I have won at least once!! God never thought I would admit that - to almost 3000 people!! :biggrin:
mrs geek you are not a saddo i love playing spider too but not the hard i can just fathem medium and i also love hearts

ohhhh i'm soooooooooo sad cos i love the soaps on tv when not watchin them im on this site of course, but i do like going out for meals, dont drink so i like me diet coke n ciggie i also love a game of bingo goin shoppin with me daughter cos we have a really good time together oh n going to car boot sales with me hubby forgot about him lol

I try and play golf altho I'm hopeless at it and only really put the effort in when on holiday as it's far too cold here in England to play during the winter months.

I'm also interested in astrology and would love to be able to 'know' a person just by looking at thier birthchart, but just as I get into an astrology book Scratch or Prof. Nails comes thro the door and it's back to nails again...

Always got the tv on - gotta be 'Will & Grace' now 'Friends' has finished.

The radio's always on too - Madonna, Robbie Williams or dance music...

Other than that you can find me in our local bar called 'Rehab'...

'What ya doing tonight?'

'Going to Rehab...'

Karen
(with one 'R')
XXX

when im not doing nails.....i pilot a light aircraft :cool: !! My husband & i both work for ourselves so for time out we go out in the plane, ...it gives us both time, without any interruptions, to talk about the business's & trouble shoot off each other ...it's taught us how to work as a team, and at the end of it we usually arrive somewhere nice & have some lunch!! Then it's back to the real world!

Loufd said:
when im not doing nails.....i pilot a light aircraft :cool: !! My husband & i both work for ourselves so for time out we go out in the plane, ...it gives us both time, without any interruptions, to talk about the business's & trouble shoot off each other ...it's taught us how to work as a team, and at the end of it we usually arrive somewhere nice & have some lunch!! Then it's back to the real world!
I want to do that it sounds very cosmpolitan Lol. 'Yah daaahling i'm just off to lunch in the plane, Kisses.'

My hobbies, I love cars, car shows and cruise's. Nearly finished my car now just a few final touches and then hopefully can enter some shows. (boyfriend keeps it clean though as i wouldnt like to damage my nails!!)

I love to watch TV esspecially true life programs and films. An ideal night for me is a takeaway, video, redsquare and ciggies and just sit back and relax.

I love to shop (who doesnt) and cook. I especially love to make up things to cook. Food is a big part in my life, i think about it all the time. Just wondering now what to have as i am starving at work.

Keep all the hobbies coming i love to here what other people love to do.

Lisa
xxxx

Ooh, I love to do LOADS of stuff!!! It's truly amazing that any of us get time to work dontyathink?! :D

Ok, here goes:

* Card making (some of which I retail thro the salon :cool: )
* Scrapbooking (which I really need to get into more, I love it! But never get the time :sad: )
* Cooking for my sexy boyfriend ;)
* Glass painting (frames, votives, vases - anything that'll stay still long enough really :D )
* Watching Eastenders (compulsory) and Bad Girls when it's on (I cry when it's not :cry: )
* Going to see my lovely Goddaughter (who's 4 - aah!!)
* Going to Mini shows with aforementioned sexy boyfriend in his 2000 model Mini Cooper Sports (old shape - 100% BMW Free!! lol :lol: )
* Complaining at sexy boyfriend for spending so much money on his Mini Cooper Sports :rolleyes:
* Contributing encouragement and support (and a fair whack of typing!) to boyfriend's chosen career & endless college courses (retraining as a live sound engineer and doing his music production thing!!)

So, all in all, pretty busy!! Oh, and in the process of growing a baby too (due Jan/Feb 2005). No rest for the wicked... ;)

Whelp... As a good portion of my waking life is devoted to nails... It leaves little time for other things ;)

However here is a brief list of things that chirp me up:

• Programming (yea, it does sound really sucky but its something I have done as a hobby and professionally for 20 years).
  • Tweaking my site (you're on it before you ask for the address ;) )
  • Watching movies (I'm a bit of a movie buff. I especially dig bad B rate horror films)
  • Collecting movies. Dumb hobby, but my DVD collection gives me horn.
  • Travelling. The world is by far and large the most amazing gift we have. I especially dig going to local churches in the various places I travel too. I am not religious, but there is something about a church that has been around for hundreds of years that amazes me.
  • Reading. I love reading immersing yourself in someone Else's world is the coolest form of entertainment you can have.
  • Writing. I love to write (though in fairness have little time for it).
  • Basketball. To be honest, I have damn near forgot what a freaking basketball even looks like after moving to this country. The weather always sucks if you want to play and the closest you can get to watching it in this country is to go see the Harlem Globetrotters tour in Sheffield once every 3 years (thats not real basketball!)
  • I love to chill with my family
njoy

I like to relax and unwind by doing Bikram Yoga. It is a series of 26 poses in a heated room of 104degrees. It lasts for 90mins and you detox like never before

David

Latest posts

Back