What do you do when you are ill?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SelectNails

Reaction score
Hey geeks, looking for a bit of advice, as the title suggests.

I am having a really heavy cold, had it a bit last week but thot it had cleared up. Have been up since 3:30, have tried Actifed, etc as I thot it was a head cold. Not getting any better & have been sent to bed, heavy legs, high temp.

I have a fairly new client in at 9:30 tomorrow, which I dont mind going in for, but she is going on holiday, & I really dont want to pass this on, what do u fellow geeks do in this situation??
Thanx in advance!
Cx

Hey geeks, looking for a bit of advice, as the title suggests.

I am having a really heavy cold, had it a bit last week but thot it had cleared up. Have been up since 3:30, have tried Actifed, etc as I thot it was a head cold. Not getting any better & have been sent to bed, heavy legs, high temp.

I have a fairly new client in at 9:30 tomorrow, which I dont mind going in for, but she is going on holiday, & I really dont want to pass this on, what do u fellow geeks do in this situation??
Thanx in advance!
Cx

I would definitely get someone else to do it. She will be able to see that you are unwell and won't appreciate you passing your germs onto her, especially when going on holiday! Explain it to her, I'm sure she'll understand and will appreciate your honesty.

I would never work while I'll. Just doesn't look good at all.

I hope you feel better real soon! :hug:

Try some hot ginger cordial and rest up.

if I cannot get anyone to cover for me I will call the client and let them know. If they wish to keep the appt. and I feel well enough to do the job properly, then I will wear a face mask. This way I won't be breathing onto her and if I sneeze/cough/etc there shouldn't be much of a chance of her catching it.

Hey Mobile Manicure

Thought that would be for the best. I know I wont be better by morning. Just dont like letting anyone down, but havent been ill since I started doing nails :(

Thanx, will go & try ur ginger tonic.

Cx

EmJZ

Thank u, hadnt thought of a face mask!

Will txt her & see what she thinks ;)

Cx

I always let my client know I am sick and let them decide. Of course, if I'm ever too sick to work, I cancel and reschedule the appointment.

I sure hope you feel better, soon! :)

Latest posts

Back