What do you do when you can't sleep?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I can't sleep I pick a letter and think of as many girls and boys names beginning with that letter as possible. It so boring that I fall asleep quite quickly! :lol:

I go through the alphabet and do:

Animals
Capital cities
Countries
Boys names
Girls names

Beginning with each letter of the alphabet.

Unfortunately I've done it so many times now, I can run through them really quickly.

It's rare I can't sleep, but when I can't, I listen to Heart on the radio on my phone.. stuff the ear phone in my lugs ! Wears my brain cell out that way... or I listen to some boring monotone droning on voice.. that never fails to send me to sleep :zzz:

Someone once told me to count backwards from 400. This usually works for me. And the relaxation thing that someone mentioned - I start at my toes and work my way up until I'm fully relaxed. I won't go on tinternet or watch tv as I end up more awake. As a last resort I'll read until I can't keep my eyes open.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

My 12 year old daughter told me (she heard it somewhere) that if you stay completely still in bed with your eyes closed for 15 minutes you will fall asleep. I've tried this and it really works. You've got to stay completely still though, which is difficult if your in a fidgy mood.

This is amazing my 7 year old said to me at bedtime last night "im not tired mummy" so i said "ah lets play a little game". I went back in at 15mins and both her and my 4 year old son (they share a room) were soundo in the exact same position. Brilliant!! She was tossing until gone 9pm the night before.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

The electronics don't help, because they reactivate your brain also light from the white screen inhibits melatonin, melatonin is activated by darkness so try relaxing in as dark a room as you can. I turn electronics off 2 hours before I want to sleep, I also use a meditation called hemi sync. I hate insomnia it has haunted for years on and off. Oh also a kiwi fruits 1 hour before bed. X

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I've never heard the kiwi one. Might try it on my toddler lol.

I've never heard the kiwi one. Might try it on my toddler lol.

Kiwi contains serotonin so helps you chill for bed

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Sleep & I have been enemies for approx 2 years now. I tried everything, but now I have just resigned myself to the fact that I just can't sleep enough at night. I go to bed around 11pm & sleep for 3-4 hours, then I'm wide awake. Now I accept it, I go downstairs catch up on ironing whilst watching stuff I recorded off TV, I also catch up on accounts etc, and practice nail art (some of my best designs have been done in the wee hours!). I really enjoy my quiet mornings now, and my body is used to it so I function quite well during the days, occasionally I will grab a 20 min power nap if I need it at lunch time, and about once every 2-3 weeks I manage a full 5-6 hours sleep...bliss!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back