What do you do when you can't sleep?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klassy Klaws

Reaction score
Ok guys I have been an insomniac for months now getting about 4 hours of sleep at the most a night.
I've tried so many things without success so now either read my kindle, watch my iPad, Geek of course, Facebook and play with Mr Prickles ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397429241.828207.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397429253.917631.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397429273.485902.jpg

So what do all you other insomniac do? ☺️

I'm not an insomniac. I can absolutely sleep... I'm just too nosey sometimes :o

I just wanted to say that the last photo is SO darn cute :D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I can usually sleep like a baby but I am choked up with the cold tonight I can't stop sneezing every time i dose off to sleep and can't breathe through my nose :( also my head ears throat and every other part of me is aching!!! Not good!!!
Really appreciate my sleep when I realise how some people can't sleep at night it must be horrible! I'm not dreaming though is that a real hedge hog? Hahha xx

I can usually sleep like a baby but I am choked up with the cold tonight I can't stop sneezing every time i dose off to sleep and can't breathe through my nose :( also my head ears throat and every other part of me is aching!!! Not good!!!
Really appreciate my sleep when I realise how some people can't sleep at night it must be horrible! I'm not dreaming though is that a real hedge hog? Hahha xx

Aww sorry to hear your under the weather nothing worse than a blocked nose when your trying to sleep.

Yes he's a real hog he's an African Pigmy Hog, he is meant to belong to my daughter but a boyfriend and the pub has distracted her a bit lol
His full name is Mr Prickle Pants haha

Omg he is sooo cute !!😊 x

Ps I don't sleep much either 😔 listening to 3 dogs and your boyfriend all snoring away doesn't help much either lol x

Omg I want a hedgehog!

Back to topic tho. I have insomnia. I have meds for it but they make me feel like crap the next day so I try not take them. Netflix and the internet are my best friend when I can't sleep. Like now. I've started watching breaking bad and on season 2.
Think tonight's insomnia has more to do with me picking up new car tomorrow lol x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

The nhs will give you sessions with a group or therapist in this area.
You learn how to empty your mind and almost hypnotise yourself to sleep.
I borrowed a Cd once that you play, it involves systematic shutting down of your body and mind. Always asleep before the end.
Simply, breathe and count. While you're doing that you can't think about anything else. Your mind is empty and your body relaxes.

I can go to sleep but normally wake up at least twice in the night. I normally play on my phone or read a book with a little torch. Need a kindle I think. I then eventually fall back to sleep. I am exhausted most of the time.x

Mr prickle pants is gorgeous.x

My 12 year old daughter told me (she heard it somewhere) that if you stay completely still in bed with your eyes closed for 15 minutes you will fall asleep. I've tried this and it really works. You've got to stay completely still though, which is difficult if your in a fidgy mood.

A cool down exercise I used to do with my younger gymnasts was to lay completely still on their back with eyes closed, stretch themselves out really long-as far as they can go, then I would walk through them in a calm tone with slow soft words and say relax your fingers, feel your wrists sink into the mats, let your elbows go loose, feel your shoulders relax and work my way down the body reminding them now and then to breathe in through their nose and out through their mouths..
It was amazing how many kids used to drop off ;)

I use it on my kid now if she can't sleep, its all about relaxing the body and freeing the mind :)

I listen to low music, easy listening like Sarah mclachlan or someone similar, I like it to be songs rather than just music! It always works when I can't sleep, I feel like it helps distract my mind!

Oh and I didn't know you could have a hedgehog as a pet, how cute! I want one 😄

Amanda xx

Look at things I can't afford! Horses and cars mainly! 😂😂

I'm afraid that I succumbed to sleeping pills some time ago.

I think I always feel on guard :eek:. I still wake up if I hear anything.

I have insomnia, sometimes I go through stages where I sleep like a baby but when I'm stressed I go through months of sleeping for 2-4 hours a night, my sleep is currently like that, it's 1am in Melbourne right now and I have to be up by 5am! By the time I actually fall asleep it will be like 2.30- 3.00 am and I HAVE to be up by 5am so what do I do?
I think think think and more thinking, if not that then I'm always on salon geek or I listen to soft music, most of the time I make up scenarios in my head and I "day dream" of the life I'm aiming to have.
Sleep deprivation used to affect me but now it's apart of my life, I'm used to it and now I'm actually starting to feel strange if I ever manage to sleep more than 4 hours.
Although I do wish sometimes I could be one of those people that get in bed by 9-10pm and have 8-9 hour sleeps it would feel amazing.

Yay I'm actually feeling like I can nod off now...... Wish me luck 😶

Ok guys I have been an insomniac for months now getting about 4 hours of sleep at the most a night.
I've tried so many things without success so now either read my kindle, watch my iPad, Geek of course, Facebook and play with Mr Prickles View attachment 61968View attachment 61969View attachment 61970

So what do all you other insomniac do? ☺️

i dont think im an insomniac though i do have trouble sleeping most nights so i normally watch tv till i can no longer keep my eyes open to focus on the tv lol x

I've not been able to sleep for 4 months now :-( only been getting 4 hours sleep at the most every night, but there's a trigger for mine and I need to go to the doctor about it as I know it can be sorted it's just a long process that I hate :/
At the moment I play candy crush, read, salon geek, Facebook or watch tv until I can't keep my eyes open anymore.

Warm milk does wonders. It's my mum's recipe, never fails me! :)

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

When I can't sleep I pick a letter and think of as many girls and boys names beginning with that letter as possible. It so boring that I fall asleep quite quickly! :lol:

Latest posts

Back