What do you do with your rubbish??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffle

Reaction score
I really hope this isn't a silly question, but I just wondered what everyone does with their waste...tissues with acrylic liquid or acetone on etc?

I've been putting it in our 'outside' bin, but as my hubby pointed out, if you lift the lid you could get high! This wasn't mentioned on my course (apart from that being mobile you should always take your rubbish home with you), so I was interested to see what everyone else does. :)

now this is a very interesting topic !! I would love to no this to , as this hasnt been covered on our course yetx

While I'm working (with acrylic) mine goes into a lined, lidded metal bin and then into the bin outside when I'm home.
I dont do lots of acrylic so I've not had a problem with it in our outside bin, I also think that the smell is more contained as all my rubbish is wrapped inside a small bag before being put into the bin bag.
I always take my rubbish home with me from a clients home.

I am mobile and have a tiny metal bin from asda really small and has little handle) Toilet bin lol,,but does the trick, I use liner and after every client tie the liner and put in outside bin. I some times use a stainless steel bowl also and empty after each service into plastic bag and goes in outside bin. HTH xx

Just bought a metal bin from Argos yesterday 5.99, they do one in Wilkos as well. Althought before I bought my bin, I did exactly what another posted said. Put the rubbish in a metal bowl and disposed in a bin liner outside wheelie bin.

Their outside bins or take it home with you (in your car all day) to put in your own outside bin??/
Just wondered if any client has objected to their outside bin smelling.

Their outside bins or take it home with you (in your car all day) to put in your own outside bin??/
Just wondered if any client has objected to their outside bin smelling.

I thought this myself to be honest, but my tutor said if anything happened (husband chucked a cigarette in or something) then we would be liable for it. Who knows!

Little metal bin sounds great, and I'll make sure I put anything in outside bin but tied in a bag first...that's where I've been going wrong!

Thanks!

We alwyas had our salon waste collected as hazardous waste and it all went into yellow bags.

In the salon all waste was placed and contained in metal bins and emptied twice a day.

I always hang my dog poo bags from the tow hook (on the back of the car) on hot days just till I get home, maybe it would be the place to carry the rubbish home too......:lol::lol::lol: sorry it was the mention of the yellow bags.x

Last edited:
Ha ha! Good idea!! :lol:

Okay maybe a stupid may not be but .... I put mine into nappy bags as he scent disguises the strong odours

I save coffee jars etc, to put my rubbish in, no smell or fumes

Latest posts

Back