What do you give your clients at Christmas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Do you give everyone a little gift? Just a card? Money off voucher for a treatment (although if I get given these I never consider them the same as a gift really).

Just wondered what you all do. Even if it's just a small gift, when you add up what one for each client will cost it's a pretty big chunk. Am I just a tightarse lol?

(If you do give a gift, what sort of thing??)

Fab nails!

Although for the one off December clients a discount voucher could be good to boost a bit of business for the doldrums of Jan/Feb!

Clients tend to give me a tip at Christmas, not the other way round.

last year i gave a mini cuticle oil and a glitter top coat to all my real regulars who have supported me all year.

this year i have some heart shaped files and some sachets of hand mask for them.

i put them in a little silver gift bag with a bit of shredded tissue, it doesnt cost much if you shop around.

i may consider a voucher for nail art discount or eyebrow wax too, as i find once the client tries them they get hooked. plus they are nice quick treatments that i can fit in without adding hours to my day.

No I don't give anyone anything ....tbh I like that THEY HAVE TIPPED ME.
But..if you are having a bit of a struggle then gift vouchers are a good idea mate x

Last christmas i had no clients.. i was green as grass mate.. this year i have decided that during december i will do something christmassy on one nail.. like a 3d bow or a decal.. maybe one nail green or red glitter.. as an option for them to take advantage of..
Im hoping that my more conservative chicks will like the bit of flair.. and maybe become more experimental the following year!

regardless of whether they take advantage of it they will get a MERRY CHRIMBO from me and a chrimbo hug!:hug:

last year I have a voucher, that had to be used in Jan, I thought Jan would be quiet so this would keep them coming, it did work even the couple of girls would just had enhancements for Christmas time came back and had a re balance or a soak off.

I might do the same this year, other years I've given pinkie solar oils etc but i don't really see why I should give them away tbh ! its nice to say thank you but once you've started doing this its hard to stop !

The first year i started i gave Xmas gifts...small candle, chocs and solar oil. It seemed a nice idea...however the second year we hit financial problems and i couldn't really afford to do it again but felt i had somehow made a rod for my own back and that it would be expected again. So i stretched the already tight budget and did it again...but to be honest i don't think it is nessesary....how many of you get Xmas gifts from your hairdresser...?

Will i do it again this year...probably...cos yet again i feel like i have started something i cant get out off. Although i do think maybe the offer of some mulled wine and a mince pie would be a better idea.

Don't get me wrong...i am grateful for the business that my clients give me very much but i think in return i offer a great service all year round.

I guess all i am saying is if your going to start doing this...will you then do it every year ...?...especially as your business grows and you have more and more clients. x

I love the mince pie and mulled wine idea Angie. Might follow that up I think, totally festive.

I know what you mean about making a rod for your own back. Last year I gave a few pressies to clients. Trouble is, now the client base has expanded considerably and mostly by way of recommendation so I feel I need to treat everyone alike, because they could talk . . .

How do you make mulled wine? :lol:

im glad this thread has appeared, its something i was thinking about the other day, im new in business so obviously have no precedents to look at, and was thinking that i would give my clients (all 10 of them pmsl) little xmas gift, voucher, cuticle oil or similar, but im hoping to build this client base up and what Angie said got me thinking, i know what i'm like, so i'd feel next year that i had to do the same again, and again etc, so i think i wont make rod for my back and start this year.

Maybe i could make them all one of my handmade cards, its personal to them, so almost seems like a gift, but hasn't cost me hardly anything?

xxxx

I think a personal hand made card is a great idea, the salon where i get my hair done, the owner does this and its a lovely personal touch without the outlay.
I only give my clients a nice card at christmas

I just do cards and this year I'm thinking of doing discount vouchers for January, like some have already suggested.

I'd love to give some presents but funds just wont allow.

Last year I gave mini Dermalogica Hand Creams, this year Im giving a Voucher for 50%off a facial or nail treatment and wrapping it up in xmas paper/bow. I will give my nail client the facial one and facial clients the nail one etc so they are still spending extra money and Im not losing out... Oh and its only valid Jan or Feb

I made a beautiful get well card for a client and sent it to her . . . when she next came in she said thank you so much for the card that the children made :irked::lol:

I do put chocolates out on the reception desk and also mince pies when on buy one get one free at the local co-op......I don't trim up the salon though.......bah humbug!

I made a beautiful get well card for a client and sent it to her . . . when she next came in she said thank you so much for the card that the children made :irked::lol:

awww hun sorry but this made me giggle, so far ive only had nice comments, but im sure i will at some time:lol:

anyway handmade cards for clients it is
xxxxx

Last year I di private label wine.
zoo_booze.jpg

This year I am doing a free professional mini cuticle oil (which I will offer to refill throughout the year) at a very reasonable price (which for me represents a 600% markup). Ho ho ho ho ho ......Merry Xmas:)

Last year I di private label wine.
zoo_booze.jpg

This year I am doing a free professional mini cuticle oil (which I will offer to refill throughout the year) at a very reasonable price (which for me represents a 600% markup). Ho ho ho ho ho ......Merry Xmas:)

Hmmmmmmmmmm I'm still wating for last years present Carl:green:

I'm not doing gifts but will be offering a limited edition of special treatments.

also ordered some personalised christmas cards

:lol:lol... bless you thats so funny xx:lol:

Latest posts

Back