What do you need to promote?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minime1

Reaction score
hi,

Ive been looking at my price list and trying to come up with some special offers for the coming months,
i notice that i have some treatments that i don't really get people ringing up to book.

These treatments are :
eye lash perming, (forgot that i did this treatment).
paraffin wax, (again never push it)
full body massage, (people aways go for hot stone massage)
st tropez self tan. (Too many older ladies in the salon to want this).

so my question is what treatments do you need to promote in your business?
there are always some that you don't do very often

cheers
Natasha

You need to promote the ones that are not been asked for, put on a special with these treatments,
eg when booking a manicure have a paraffin treatment half price
do you do facials ? you could offer your eyelash perms at a discount with the facials,
you need to get people to try the treatments then you are half way there hth

i had this , with my menu and realised i was offering too much :green:, i cut parrafin coz no one ever bothered with it , and its a pain :lol:, make up went too ,
but if you want to keep em , try ginving em a discount with other treatments , ie. buy a hot stone massage and have a 1/2 price parrafin dip at the same time , etc.....
hth x

You need to promote the ones that are not been asked for, put on a special with these treatments,
eg when booking a manicure have a paraffin treatment half price
do you do facials ? you could offer your eyelash perms at a discount with the facials,
you need to get people to try the treatments then you are half way there hth

give this a go it sounds really good to me

Yes, definately promote some of those treatments that you don't do many of. People are always keen to try something new. It's easy for clients to get bored and just to stick to the usual essentials.

How about selling "packages" of treatments and incorporting some of the less popular treatments into them.

Like, you could do a "mini pamper package" which could begin with a dip of hand parafin, then a brow tint and brow shape. Apply some sort of cream that could be called a mini eye mask, then do your lash tint. While the lashes are developing, remove the hand parafin and do a hand massage. Then remove the lash tint. VIOLA!!!

You could package up your other treatments and your clients will love to try something new.

I have a parafin heater too, and my clients never book a parafin dip, but I usually incorporate it into a special deal of some sort, and call it something different.

EG: I did an 'anti-aging hand treatment' which basically was a manicure and hand parafin- but, heaps of bookings!!

You could package up your other treatments and your clients will love to try something new.

I have a parafin heater too, and my clients never book a parafin dip, but I usually incorporate it into a special deal of some sort, and call it something different.

EG: I did an 'anti-aging hand treatment' which basically was a manicure and hand parafin- but, heaps of bookings!!

It's surprising how re-naming something can get the clients booking in. Like aquariushoney I also package treatments together & they go down a storm.

Tanning all the way, its so quick I'd love to get loads of people having this treatment xx

Latest posts

Back