What do you stock?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffydreams

Reaction score
Just wondering how many solutions of tan solution you stock?

At the moment I stock Coco Bay in Regular & Dark which are my most popular solutions by far. The regular is equivalent to an 8-10% and the dark is probably about a 12-14%.

However, this wasn't enough for some clients so I now also stock
OMG 16% and 20% plus OMG Tan2nite rapid tan.

Thing is, the 20% and rapid tan are only used by one client. They LOVE this solution and are both regulars but sometimes I think it would be less outgoings if I didn't have to buy two extra litres of solution.

Do I drop the solutions and risk unhappy clients? Or keep purchasing?

I use nouvatan and I stock 8% and 12% mix the two together to make an 10% not needed to use anything higher as clients love it

How often do you tan them? If u are tanning regularly and manage to use up all your solution on them I'd carry on. But if they only get tans every now and then and lots is going to waste (once out of date and green) then have you thought about buying 'testers' so bottles of 100ml that u could get a couple of tans? This way u wouldn't waste any or at least not as much. X

I have 6 months to use it and I have never wasted a drop. If have a bit left and I know it's coming up to the date I do an offer but that's only occasionally

I use nouvatan, I currently use 8,10,12% need to get the higher nouvatan % in soon x

Hi

Sorry to jump on your thread (but I also use nouvatan and love it so far!!) When you mix 8% and 12% for the 10% do you just mix enough for that customer or make a small "batch" of 10% and keep it (labelled etc)

Claire :)

I use fresh indulgence which is 11.5% and it is gorgeous, a really lovely solution and their customer service is fantastic!
I also use Nouvatan for my darker tans, 14% and higher and it's lovely too xx

How often do you tan them? If u are tanning regularly and manage to use up all your solution on them I'd carry on. But if they only get tans every now and then and lots is going to waste (once out of date and green) then have you thought about buying 'testers' so bottles of 100ml that u could get a couple of tans? This way u wouldn't waste any or at least not as much. X

I tan them both once a fortnight at least, sometimes every week.
I do buy 100ml bottles of 20% so it doesn't go off.
I just re-ordered all solutions so for now they are staying but it is a lot of expense for two people. Thanks :) x

But if they are not wasted (ie not throwing any away) surely your not loosing money on buying the extra bottles just for them? Maybe I'm not thinking about this properly??!

I tan them both once a fortnight at least, sometimes every week.
I do buy 100ml bottles of 20% so it doesn't go off.
I just re-ordered all solutions so for now they are staying but it is a lot of expense for two people. Thanks :) x
It may seem like a lot of expense when you're having to pay out upfront for x amount of bottles but these are regular clients you're talking about so the liquid is not being wasted. It's all being used up and that's making you money, not losing it!

Ask yourself - would you rather drop the liquids and lose the happy clients, and therefor money, or not? You know it makes sense to keep them :)

i stock brown bitz 8,10,12 :) xx

It may seem like a lot of expense when you're having to pay out upfront for x amount of bottles but these are regular clients you're talking about so the liquid is not being wasted. It's all being used up and that's making you money, not losing it!

Ask yourself - would you rather drop the liquids and lose the happy clients, and therefor money, or not? You know it makes sense to keep them :)

This is very true :) I am still making a profit, it is just hassle with all the different companies & initial outlay for tan.
Sometimes i can't afford to spend £200 on tanning solutions and this month was one of those so I was contemplating dropping the solutions.

However, I do want to keep my clients so I will carry on stocking the solutions :)

Latest posts

Back