What do you store your tips in?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mani-fique!

Reaction score
Hi guys just sussing out a few things and was just wondering what you all store your tips in? Does the case you carry all your bits and pieces in for enhancements have little compartments or something that you put them in or do you have a separate little gadget to hold them in :?:

Ta. Tamm :cyclops:
xx

hi ya tamm when i used my old black and decker box it had a bit on the front of it which unclipped with little compartments in and i stored my tips in that. but now i have one of the silver cases i just leave my tips in the plastic case that they come in

Hi,

I just keep them in the original 500 size tip box and put in big compartment area the toolbox I use.
It's always easy to select the size tip you need then without getting in a two and eight!
And you've always got enough tips then!

luv sarah x

Sounds simple enough!

I'm going on the FDFC in January so I just wanted to start thinking about what I need for afterwards when I'm ready to get cracking. I didn't realise they already come in a departentalised box.

The kit I will be getting with the course - will it have anything like that?

xx Tamm

I use a box, I got from Focus - I think it is meant for screws. It has about 12 compartments and it closes more firmly than the tip boxes. The bonus is that you can throw it on the floor and it doesnt open or shatter or mix your tips up - if you have ever dropped a box of tips then you will appreciate this LOL

I'm also planning ahead so I can buy a little at a time so it doesn't hurt the wallet in one shot..... LOL
wink And since I'm adopting the purple / mauve / stainless steel look, I went to my local dollar store and they have like a mini takling box of clear plastic and they come in pastel colors, they call it a craft organizer and I plan on getting several of them for different equipment I need for different services offered. OT but I also found a stack of same color hand towels (mauve, mauve & white) in bulk package.

naturalnails said:
I use a box, I got from Focus - I think it is meant for screws. It has about 12 compartments and it closes more firmly than the tip boxes. The bonus is that you can throw it on the floor and it doesnt open or shatter or mix your tips up - if you have ever dropped a box of tips then you will appreciate this LOL

oh I know what you mea! I'll look into getting one of those then. Do not Creative do a special little box?

Within each different types of tips.... Formation, Eclipse etc... How many different sizes do they do or am I being impatient now and will find this out on my course?? :oops:

Tamm

sizes 1 to 10 lovey so if you find a box with 10 slots that will do the job if they do one with 20 then you can carry around two different types of tips say eclispe and velocity which is always handy as the eclispe come up slightly bigger on the large tip and smaller on the small tip (i think im right :? )

Thanks Nickki. Its a bit clearer now. I'm absolutely brimming with questions but I've got to wait :x Only a few weeks now....... ahhhhhh! I'm absolutely chomping at the bit to get my hands on the course kit and see all the little bits and bobs that turn into beautiful nails!!

I take it then that if there are 10 sizes that gives quite a choice for the five fingers eh. mmmmm. or am I being thick???? Probably!

Also can you use different tips i.e. say you've used Velocity on most of the nails, but you then have a flat or large nail for example and so use a Formation tip?

Just thinking out loud incase I forget to ask on the course!! :oops:

Tamm

Is that what you had in mind?

http//www.stacksandstacks.com/html/80051_craft-organizer-caddy.htm

or

http//www.stacksandstacks.com/html/75153_tool-box-iris-parts-case.htm

D

I've found some on the creativenailplace.com website:

the link is: http://www.creativenailplace.com/Tech_pages/essentials.htm

Am I not able to get these from the OSNS? I don't seem to see any ref to them in their catalogue?

Tamm

I have various different tips and not all bought in the large tip boxes. I have found a cheap tip box - in the pound shop in town (most towns have them) they do opaque boxes with little nuts and bolts in, my husband puts the nuts and bolts in his tool box and I pinch the box for my tips, good firm clasp too! Not bad for £1! ;)

when you buy a box of tips... so as you will need all sizes so just keep them in the box they come in.......
thats what i do anyway...

A Tip Box. Perhaps they are uncommon in the UK, but are very common in the USA supply stores. Plastic. Divided into compartments and the compartments are labeled 0 thur 10 for the sizes. And inexpensive, like as low as $ 3.00 USD, so if you use several types of tips, it is inexpensive to purchase a separate tip box for each type of tip. Also you can usually locate the plastic tip boxes in different shades of tinted plastic, like have a clear one, a bluiish one, a redish one to at a glance indicate the type of tip stored in the box.

I've always just used the Creative box the tips come in - already labeled as to which type of tip is in the box. Never felt the need to go to any extra expense to buy any other kind of box. Worked for me for 20 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back