What do you think of my Website?....be gentle!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'chelle

Reaction score
ok, I feel brave enough today to ask..........

I have very recently started my own mobile business, "Nail Creation". I'm only fairly recently qualified and so the service that I offer is very basic ie l&p natural (with or without enamel) or french finish. I am practising with some glitter acrylics etc, and have got some further education on the way, but for now I need to "get out there" with what I know I can do well and start building up a client base.

In time, as my skills develop and my range of treatments expands, my website will become more comprehensive, but for now, please could you geeks give me some constructive comments about my new website? It is only very basic, but I dont feel it can be any more than that at present because, well, so is my range of services!

oh yes, the website is: NAIL CREATION

I think the Creative logo clashes with the "Nail Creation" header in blue, so I'm going to review that, but other than that, can you offer any comments??

Thanks everyone :green:

Hi
Its a great start and it looks like your starting from scratch so I'd just like to say well done:)

I think it needs a little bit more informations and a few more pages, for instance.
  • Home - Welcoming new clients
  • About me - About your qualifications, insurance and maybe something about your journey into this profession.
  • Services- What you offer & prices
  • Special Offers/Promotions
  • Links - Find some way of linking to other sites that may benefit your services, for instance a local make-up artist, florist etc this will help your site in the search engine also it may create new business.
  • Contact me - Self explanatory
Get happy snapping, take picture of all your work. clients like to see what you create, even if you don't have enough for a gallery you can use them to decorate your site.

And finally use some creative writing to draw the public to your site this will also help you in the search engines

If you need any more advice you can always PM me

HTH

P.s For got to add

I think the Creative logo clashes with the "Nail Creation" header in blue, so I'm going to review that, but other than that, can you offer any comments??

Personally I wouldn't put it in the banner like that I would leave it as nail creations but include it in the body of the site on the welcome page and services.

Hi
Its a great start and it looks like your starting from scratch so I'd just like to say well done:)

I think it needs a little bit more informations and a few more pages, for instance....

This is great advice from Danger Mouse. I would agree. It is a good start, though!

I think you need a prices page, and an about you page. Also - when you work, call out charges etc.

More information will help the client make a decision to choose you so the more the better.

Also - tell them you are insured.

hth's x

* having a phone number is a good idea, potential clients often like to call you

* a free nail enamel for each clients first appointment is very generous, quite often many techs give out a mini cuticle oil as this will help nourish their nails between appointments

i agree with the others about the need for more pages

great start sweetie xx

Just some more bits:

• Feedback Page- Clients like to see how others found your service
  • Hit Counter- Not essential but it will give you an idea of how many people have view your site.

Most Geeks have a website.

Why dont you have a nosey round to get some ideas.

If you go here http://www.salongeek.com/member-showcase/ theres a list of everybodys sites.

:)

I like the refer a friend idea. But other than that it looks very bare. Need more info!!! Interested to see it again when its finished. :)

Thankyou everyone for your advice, there are some good bits of advice there which I will work on.

The free nail enamel thing - this is due to the fact that I got some liquidated stock from the OSNS when it re-opened and I got them for £1 each, so these are my freebies!

I do want to add an "about me" type page, but I'm worried that it might deter rather than intrigue! I'm only recently qualified, and my new business is literally days old, and so I dont want to advertise that I'm new and inexperienced (I have had a good amount of experience on non paying friends etc, but this wont count on the website).

I will be adding a gallery of my work soon, just as soon as I can get a good decent picture. My pictures dont look very clear, and so I think that at the moment, no picture is better than a bad one. Just as soon as I have a decent camera I will get cracking.

Thankyou again for all your advice, I will post again when I've updated it,

you dont need to mention anything about being a new business. just state your qualifications and mention your passion for the industry.

or say you may be newly qualified but take enormous pride in your work.

people dnt mind you being newly qualified i dont think. and why doesnt the experience you have on non paying clients count?! its experience, and as long as yuo ave been doing those clients properly / correctly then they are still clients and count towards experience.

There are people on here better with wording things than me!! they will help if they see! lol.

you dont need to mention anything about being a new business. just state your qualifications and mention your passion for the industry.

or say you may be newly qualified but take enormous pride in your work.

people dnt mind you being newly qualified i dont think. and why doesnt the experience you have on non paying clients count?! its experience, and as long as yuo ave been doing those clients properly / correctly then they are still clients and count towards experience.

There are people on here better with wording things than me!! they will help if they see! lol.

I totally agree all experience counts otherwise you wouldn't be where you are today.

Latest posts

Back