What do you think of my website?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolci_Dolittle

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I was wondering if you could give some critique on my website?

My cousins been doing it for me (not up and running yet) and i've just emailed him a huge email of changes to be made and logos to be put in etc.

Would just like you opinions on it.

Thanks
xxx

on first glance, for a free designed website the landing page is lovely, however a little dark (as is the whole site)

try and line up "Coming Soon" on the prices page as some are misaligned, and change the title page from "Services" to "Prices", but then add an additional page called "Services" and write a little about what you do

With Wix.com, Vistaprint designs etc, what you dont get is you own personal email, hence having to use a yahoo, hotmail, gmail email address which does not look professional at all

With your contact numbers, space out the actual number as:

Landline: XXXX XXX XXXX
Mobile: XXXX XXX XXX

to make it stand out.

a few pictures (legally purchased) would also brighten up the website

Cant view it on my iPhone due to it being flash based. Will take a look later when on a computer.

Cant view it on my iPhone due to it being flash based. Will take a look later when on a computer.

Maybe that's something to think about, as people on their mobile interet searching for a salon won't be able to view your webpage and will look somewhere else, losing you a customer.

It looks lovely very professional and not tacky at all, i had a website with wix, but no one could view it on there iphone which i thought was a problem as so many people use there iphones for browsing the net rather than a computer IMO, ive recently made one with vistaprint and pay for it monthly and i have my own domain name and been getting a lot more phone calls than when i had a website with wix hth xx

I think it looks lovely, i really do. I like how clean and simple it is, it also has an upmarket feel to the look of it.
I am personally put off websites that are crammed and full of colour and glitters bits and writing you can't read.

Things to look at or consider;
The prices need to be aligned slightly more. They are slightly off.

Maybe a few pictures to brighten it up not many and not to fussy but a few simple ones might just add abit more but keep to the lovely theme and cleaness (if that makes any sense)

I love the colours and i see where you're going with it, also personally i don't like seeing "coming soon" on the price section or on price lists for that matter maybe you could add another page as jack said and add all the descriptions of the treatments/services you offer and also put those coming soon treatments on that page then add them to the price page when you are offering them. That is just a personal thing of mine though.

Phone number needs spacing it just makes it alot easier to read.

Lovely site :biggrin:

On the whole a nice website.

I would change the "services" page to "treatments" I personally think it sounds nicer.

Say what facial products you use, & include a discription under them.

Under the facial section you have a manicure treatement, which needs to be moved across, not sure if it is just my computer but the bottom of the hand & foot box doesnt display the last treatment probably (it is cut in half) I also cant see your foot treatments.

How about getting some heated mittens/booties & doing a luxury mani/pedi too.

I think looking at your prices the full leg & f/l & bikini are too cheap. Going by your half leg price, I would do full leg at £18 & f/l * b/l at £23.

I agree some pictures would look lovely too.

I personally wouldnt have so many options for the prices on the eye treatments. Just eyebrow wax, eyelash tint, eyebrow tint & lash & brow.
Also just one eyebrow wax/shape price.

Hope that helps x

P.S The Lava Shell Therma Facials are lovely you will love the course! & the time is a 1hour treatment x

Thanks for your opinions guys it helps alot.

I'll take a note of everything you've mentioned and will tweak it a bit more.

Its not going to be going live for a few weeks as i'm in the process of looking for a new premises so have plenty of time to make changes :biggrin:

xxx

Just to echo what everyone else has said, it is quite hard to read as it is black background with grey wording, maybe brighten it up with white lettering or whatever you can do to make it more visually friendly.

Flash based websites are bad news, google spiders can't read flash files so you'll never be found unless someone types in the address into the browser bar. Even then if they have i-phone/i-pad, they won't be able to view it so at the moment the website isn't doing what it should be doing, generating business for you.

Consider purchasing your own domain name too, www.beautybylauren.co.uk or something. I've not checked to see if this is available but 123-reg sells domain names quite cheap.

If you are looking for some nice legal images try www.123rf.com they are quite reasonable on price.

Hope that helps

Also a testimonial page would be great x

Latest posts

Back