What do you think of my website?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perfect Pinkys

Reaction score
Hello lovely Geeks

My wonderful husband has put together this website for me and so I was wondering if any of you have the time to have a quick peek and let me have some feedback please.

It is pretty basic, and we will be adding things as we go, but what do you think so far? All comments welcome but play nice ehh :lol:

Thanks
Michelle

perfect pinkys

Last edited:
Well done to your hubby! Hope it's all going well with you pinky!

It's a lovely website. The lay out and it's informative. I loved your shellac after care and your photo's. All the best. Well done your husband!!xx

Well done to your hubby! Hope it's all going well with you pinky!

Hello :biggrin:. Yeah, slowly spreading the word :cool:. How's things with you?

It's a lovely website. The lay out and it's informative. I loved your shellac after care and your photo's. All the best. Well done your husband!!xx

Oww thanks Jo :biggrin:. The Shellac aftercare is available from S2 if you need it, we just 'pinked' it up and changed the font :cool:

I like it!
One thing though, the font you use on your Home and Aftercare page. I cant read it. its not clear. I didnt get to the end of the first line. Sorry but I'd rather be honest than not say anything, otherwise I really like it! Well done!
xx

I like it!
One thing though, the font you use on your Home and Aftercare page. I cant read it. its not clear. I didnt get to the end of the first line. Sorry but I'd rather be honest than not say anything, otherwise I really like it! Well done!
xx

Okay Caz, thanks very much for the feedback, this is exactly what I wanted :cool:. So we should either change the font or make it bigger :biggrin:.

Cheers
Michelle

Well done it looks lovely! I do agree with Caz that the font is a little hard to read though. Just one thing I noticed, not sure if it's as I'm on my mobile but on your gallery page the far right pictures look like they're off the page on a white background, does that make sense?

Love the 'why Shellac' page and that you've got your qualifications on there too.

Rhiannon x

I like it!
xx

Hi lovely web site really informative...agree with Caz although I managed to read it..needs to be slightly bigger but not to much and bolder as the print really faint ..xxxxx

I would say change the font, not just make it bigger. x

I agree on changing the font to making it clearer rather than bigger.

Well done it looks lovely! I do agree with Caz that the font is a little hard to read though. Just one thing I noticed, not sure if it's as I'm on my mobile but on your gallery page the far right pictures look like they're off the page on a white background, does that make sense?

Love the 'why Shellac' page and that you've got your qualifications on there too.

Rhiannon x

Oww thanks Rhiannon :hug:. Not sure about the off page thing...might be your mobile :eek:. Qualifications are going to be on a separate page and there should be a map now on the contact page. Am also doing descriptions for the gallery pics.

Thanks for your feedback sweetie :hug:

Hi lovely web site really informative...agree with Caz although I managed to read it..needs to be slightly bigger but not to much and bolder as the print really faint ..xxxxx

Thank you :hug:

I would say change the font, not just make it bigger. x

I agree on changing the font to making it clearer rather than bigger.

Thanks for your feedback. I wanted that font as it matches my cards etc, but I take your point. We'll make it bigger and see how it looks.

Cheers :hug:
Michelle

Hi Perfect pinkys, love your website but agree with the others about changing the font and not just making it bigger, i didnt even attempt to read the writing as was making my eyes go funny. It all looks very professional though, well done xx

Hi

I really like the content, however do struggle with the text, which I think is made more difficult by the text areas not having a different shaded background to the overall page background.

Good start though and nice nails

Hi Perfect pinkys, love your website but agree with the others about changing the font and not just making it bigger, i didnt even attempt to read the writing as was making my eyes go funny. It all looks very professional though, well done xx

Hi

I really like the content, however do struggle with the text, which I think is made more difficult by the text areas not having a different shaded background to the overall page background.

Good start though and nice nails

Thanks ladies

Seems to be the consensus that the font needs to change :cry:. Oh how I LOVE Bradley Hand :cry::cry:. Still, mustn't get too personal ehh :lol: this is a business after all, and if people can't read what I want to tell them...

Thanks again :hug:
Michelle

Hi Michelle,

One of the problems with the font may be that it appears a 'light' black or grey, perhaps if you put it into bold it will become a bit clearer, fwiw I don't have a problem with it on your home page but on the Shellac page it's pretty pulling on the eyes.

One other thing I noticed on your prices is that you quote a price for mani/pedi but then advise of an additional £5 charge for colour or french polish, I'm happy to be corrected here but I'd certainly expect the price quoted for mani/pedi to include a polish and not have to factor in an additional charge. I've seen that done for French but not colour. Like I say, it might just be me.

xx

Latest posts

Back