what do you think of online dating?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachael173

Reaction score
morning everyone!

just wanted to get peoples opinions on this.

i need to get some fun back into my life and im not looking for a serious relationship. i've been dragging my friends out loads over xmas and i think some of them are fed up with going out now plus were all skint!

so one of my friends suggested online dating but what do you think?
(to be honest im a bit scared!)

Rach xx

my mate did it and met a girl in australia - he seems happy enough.
just be VERY careful if u meet someone - make sure u meet them in a busy place and tell people where u are going and be 100% certain they are genuine before u do meet them. i need a man too - i might even give it a try.

if you give it a try give me your feedback and let me know how you get on and if i try i will let you know.

i only want a man for his cuddles as thats the main thing i miss!

oooo.. i agree be careful!

I think these speed dating things look like fun, at least you can see the guy in the flesh and first impressions do last!

pinkchicnails said:
. i need a man too - i might even give it a try.

Ditto!

I heard speed dating is good fun too. Never tried any of them. I might give them a go some time though.

hi i meet my soul mate on icq and we have been together nearly 6 years and are enaged and have 1 daughter together and shes 3 and 1 from a pref relationship there are geniune guys and some are just nasty ...b careful there are some nuts

i met my ex boyfriend on a dating thingy and we met in a public place and everything was fine he was a sweetie but we only split as he didnt have kids and i didnt want anymore lol
go for it hun just be careful

ADiva1 said:
Ditto!

I heard speed dating is good fun too. Never tried any of them. I might give them a go some time though.

speed dating looks good on the tele!!! it should be a fun safe place to meet ppl! xx

Not bad IMO - i tried it for 3 months, went on quite a few dates but kissed no princes yet....:Kissing:

I did find there are a lot of time wasters (i.e. blokes that just wanted to flirt and were obviously attached) it did surprise me how many emails were sent back and forth but when it came to the point of meeting they vannished into thin air :lol: - so be carefull as there are a quite a few attached men using these sites:!: IMO if I sign up again at some point if there seems to be a connection or mutual interesta then suggest a date sooner rather than later to see if they are for real.

But go for it I've had some great dates but i've knocked it on the head for now as I am too busy with my two jobs but its well worth it I think.

Rachael173 said:
morning everyone!

just wanted to get peoples opinions on this.

i need to get some fun back into my life and im not looking for a serious relationship. i've been dragging my friends out loads over xmas and i think some of them are fed up with going out now plus were all skint!

so one of my friends suggested online dating but what do you think?
(to be honest im a bit scared!)

Rach xx
Ive done it!! and met 2 blokes which obviously one at a time I dated but didnt work out. One of them liked the idea of having a girlfriend but he didnt really have the time as he was always working?! So thats the reason he was on the dating site....and why he is STILL on the site!!! My advice is to be very careful and always tell someone if you meet anyone. Also be careful NOT to subscribe!!! if possible, some will let you if not when you subscribe check its not automatic billing!!! as I didnt notice on one of them and have ended up paying monthly for around 6 months and I wasnt even on the site!! My mistake for not checking my credit card bill, but be aware the small print a lot of these dating companies online have this automated billing system so silly peeps like me dont realise and they make a mint!!!
Good luck though, I have given up for now and am still single!! lol

I met my hubby online ... the very first night I was connected. A friend of mine set up my pc so that I could chat to like minded people of an evening as I never went out, being a single mum of two young children. I was introduced to my hubby through this friend as my hubby was known for helping out newbies as he was very internet savvy. We had a rapor within minutes of being introduced, and it turned out he only lived 40 miles away and within 2 months we met up one evening for dinner.

Two years later we were getting married, 7 years later we were having a baby. We are stronger now than ever, he feels like my solemate as we have so much in common. (Helps he worships the ground I walk on ;) )

I feel blessed meeting Carl, I don't think there are many that are so lucky. I had a friend who met a girl in the USA, after 2 years got his visa and married her. Now unfortunately after 3 years they are divorced ... he put it down to too much difference in culture.

I would say go for it .. take sensible precausions until you feel confident about the person you are meeting. As said before, there are lots of weidos out their which unfortunately spoil it for a lot of people wanting to genuinly meet new friends.

Fingers crossed you meet a few nice people along the way :)

I met my boyfriend through a website called hotornot, we spoke everyday, every minute we could for about a month or two before meeting. We used to say wed meet but neither of us really expected to, until we arranged it and it went FANTASTICALLY. We got on as well as we did online. I would not advise meeting someone from online if you have only spoke to them a few times, spend LOTS of time getting to know each other first to make sure hes not a total nut or pervert. BE VERY CAREFUL. My boyfriend and I spoke on webcam 24/7 when we went to bed and as soon as we got up, so we both knew neither of us were attached or crazy. You need to make sure you can trust the person before meeting. Anyway, we have now been together for 9 months exactly today yey, and things are absolutely perfect. We love each other more than the world, and everything has worked out perfectly!!!

Also, think of it this way - if you bump into someone in a shop, on a bus, in a pub its no different to meeting them through the net. Its just another way of meeting someone. Every person you meet is a stranger at one point!!!

thank you for all your replies i think im going to give it a go!
i will let you know how i get on!

Rach xx

I use a site called http://www.girlsdateforfree.com, the idea being that girls date for free and the men have to pay, so the majority of them are serious about finding somone special.

Ive met a few men on there that i really like. 1 of them I only started chatting to on xmas day, we talked for 5 hours! we both felt like we'd known each other for years, and we went out on a date last thursday. he was lovely, total gentleman, and I really like him and I hope things are gonna go further. weve been txting pretty much constantly since!

good luck! x x x x x

I have never tried this but a guy I work with did and he moved in with the girl he met recently and they seem very happy. Its a popular way of meeting people these days anyway isnt it?

HOW EXCITING!!!:wink2:

I want to find my mum a match shes 64 !! i put her on yahoo personals and didnt even tell her :eek: (gave my email addy)...so i could SCREEN them b4 hand ....and cause she doenst have a puter.

is there an OLDIE dating site for free out there? the subscription was a bit rich !

And the selection of 'gents on offer' left a lot to be desired !!!!:cry:

amb x

MINKUS said:

I want to find my mum a match shes 64 !! i put her on yahoo personals and didnt even tell her :eek: (gave my email addy)...so i could SCREEN them b4 hand ....and cause she doenst have a puter.

is there an OLDIE dating site for free out there? the subscription was a bit rich !

amb x

amber you didn't !!!!! omg she will go mad...pmsl xxxx

i think as long as you stay safe and keep an open mind...dont expect too much and take everything you hear with a pinch of salt then there is no harm in it.....tell ya what i would hate to be single again....when ever i go out i just think ewwwww..xxx

well - i signed up on face party and had 3 ratings already
2 'hunny' and 1 'pin up' wwwooooo hhhhooooooooo so 3 ppl dont think im a minger! xx

MINKUS said:

amb x

She's going to kill you - especially about you looking for an 'OLDIE' site for her. You never know, she might want a toy boy Amb! xx

Latest posts

Back