What do you think??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Star

Reaction score
A friend has just phoned me to say that there is a beauty room for rent for £5.00 an hour. :confused:

I have never heard of a room being rented out like this, has anyone got any experience of this kind of arrangement?

Thanks

What???? This sounds like desperate measures if you ask me!!!

I'd get in there quick if I were you! £5 per hour!

Thats £200 for the week isn't it?? 40hr shift 5 days a week.

Depends if you have to pay for a set amount of hours or if you can pick the hours you work.
If you worked a 40 hour week then as the previous poster said, that's £200 a week.
If you can get your bookings altogether and you only have to pay for the hours that you work, then that would be a better idea.
It really does depend on location. Have you already got a client base? How much passing trade will you get from this location? Will you have to do your own advertising and take your own bookings?
£200 may sound a lot but if you are in a great location with lots of clients and passing trade, then £200 might sound really good.
The last 2 hours at work tonight was filled with a microdermbrasion and some waxing and took £100. If i had to pay £10 for rent out of this then it doesn't seem like a bad hourly rate does it? Obviously you will have to go along and ask lots of questions and then decide :)

Hmm depends if you are going to have to be sitting about in between clients....could prove expensive ..... be careful x

If you are offering high end treatments it may work out ok x

Thank you for all your replies.

I believe the room is in a private place, not on a high street, so there will be no passing trade.

I'm going to have to really think about it.

If there is no passing trade and you cant be seen you might as well use your home.

Don't do it unless you are the only therapist working in that room!

I have done this and it is a nightmare

The person who owned the clinic that the room was in allocated the room space. I had to share the time with other "professionals" or other therapists.

The thing that put me off in the end was that there ended up being a clash of therapies where there was about 3 of us doing say reflexology and it was a toss up who actually got the clients.

There was a lot of waiting around and I didnt feel that my stuff was safe including my client records etc. as we were all sharing the same room. I also didnt feel happy using the room with other peoples stuff in there. (Its different if I knock my own candle holder and smash it or leave wax on the couch cover if you know what i mean)

I just didn't like the set up as it just felt like a free for all.

tbh if they are renting it by the hour I wouldnt think that you would be the only therapist in there.

That was just my experience and yes it did work out that it was great as i only paid for what hours I used but it just wasnt for me.

hth

Lisa

I sometimes use the hourly charge method for holistic therapists using a room on an ad-hoc basis. For example, if our reflexologist has a booking, she comes and uses a room for an hour and pays a fiver. She doesn't pay for downtime, only when she needs it. Gives her a salon base without a permanent overhead. Gives us another treatment to offer without a permanent overhead. We always have a room available, so it works ok.

Latest posts

Back