What do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neekoj

Reaction score
I'm looking at going in to beauty and would like clients to come to me. Unfortunatly I don't have a spare room so would need to use my lounge- do you think this would look unprofessional?

Also I live in a second floor flat which looks a bit grotty on the outside- do you think it will work against me?

I can be mobile on Fridays during term time and Wednesday's during the holidays but on Saturday afternoons and Sunday's I haven't got a car.

Do you think I can make this work?

Thank you guys!!

Hi
I personally would not like to receive treatments in someone's lounge and i would be put off if the area outside the premises was untidy and not very pleasant. I would stick to mobile if i were you. Obviously thats just my opinion and others may differ. Best of luck :) x

I'm looking at going in to beauty and would like clients to come to me. Unfortunatly I don't have a spare room so would need to use my lounge- do you think this would look unprofessional?

Also I live in a second floor flat which looks a bit grotty on the outside- do you think it will work against me?

I can be mobile on Fridays during term time and Wednesday's during the holidays but on Saturday afternoons and Sunday's I haven't got a car.

Thank you guys!!

I myself would not come to someone's lounge for any kind of beauty treatments.

And if I arrived at a shop that looked a bit grotty from the outside it would make me think twice before going in, a flat/house would definately stop me in my tracks.

If the client knows you already and is aware that you are a great therapist then you may be ok.

But new clients might think the same way as me.

Jacqui xx

Thank you guys!!

Sorry to say it but yes I do think it would look unprofessional working in your lounge.

Clients have a whole wealth of choice out there to choose from and going to a block of flats which look a bit grotty on the outside, isn't really going to entice them into spending their hard earned cash.

I would stick at the mobile for now, I know it's hard work,I've done it myself but I think you would be saving yourself a lot of heartache by trying to set up a salon in your lounge.

I think deep down you already know this anyway hence your honesty about the grottiness outside etc, and let's face it you can't exactly do anything about the outside can you? Also first impressions count and I think this would be off putting to the potential client walking into the main area of the flats.

One day you will hopefully either be able to buy a salon, rent a salon or buy somewhere where you can dedicate a room to your business. It takes time to get what we want but with determination and experience etc you will get there I'm sure. X

Usually I would agree with the other posts however I go for Reiki sessions that are held in someones lounge and it does not put me off. The outside view I agree can be off-putting but a website with nice pictures of the treatment area can get by this plus high standards and a welcoming manner from yourself. However I probably would only use this as an interim measure and get some type of premises. I was reading a while ago in a magazine about a lady who did this (she worked hard from her lounge, divorced with 2 kids) and eventually achieved her own salon and several staff - very inspiring read - so it can be done.

if you believe and you are professional about it there is always a way to make things work!!

if the inside of your flat is clean and welcoming and you are very professional you could start off with friends and family and then it would be word of mouth for the rest, if you can do a few days mobile then great that will get extra clients and just build up from there.

if you want it that much you will make it work for you and your clients!!xx

I'm currently working from my lounge whilst my conservatory is being converted into home salon & I will say I'm busier than ever! My home is clean & tidy & the area that I work is very professional. I do agree with the posts above in that clients have a ocean of salons & spas to visit but if they find a good therapist & are 100% happy with their treatment they will most defiantly come back to you!!
I will add that until my conservatory is finished I only offer limited treatments, nails, eyebrows & tans. Once in there I will be offering waxing, facial & massage etc!!
Good luck & do what you think is best :)

Latest posts

Back