What do you think???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hands_Only

Nail Professional
Reaction score
Hi all

I have done my nails AGAIN and just wondered what you all thought of them

Its the first time I have used acrylic to make smile lines on myself as I have never been that good at it.

So what do you all think

These were my nails done by the woman I worked for (check the smile lines)
pics003.jpg

pics004.jpg

These were mine after I filed off her attempt (thats my own nail length now)
pics005.jpg

Then I ventured out and tried the acryic
pics006.jpg

pics012.jpg

Thanks for looking
Angela

If im honest i prefer your attempt xx

Absolutely loving that colour! What is it? I prefer yours too hun.

yep your attempt is better i.mo. xx

i also think you have done a better job.in the first picture your nails were very bulky and thick but now they are much more sleek and the colour is much more noticable for the sharp smile lines.your nails have much more shape now that they arent bulky.great work.:)

Even as a novice I can see the difference, the first ones were very wide and bulbous looking on the ends. If you are able to make such an improvement, maybe she should be working for you..... but she wouldn't pass your stringent test!

Thank you so much everyone for the comments :):):):):)

I can't believe that you commented my nails so well. Thats the first time I was brave enough to try it out on mine.

I wasnt happy about my nails when I had them done by the woman I was working for thats why I changed them

The colour was just a deep purple that I mixed with some white to lighten it. I bought them from a company over here they are more for 3D nail art but I think it worked ok

Thanks again

Angela :):):hug::hug::):)

yep. your nails look much sleeker, you just need to work on your smiles a bit, to get them all consistant, well done:hug:

I think you have a better shape and smile line compared to the lady you work for.

I love that pink colour you have used, what is it?

I think you have a better shape and smile line compared to the lady you work for.

I love that pink colour you have used, what is it?

Its actually a purple colour I got over here (Germany)

thanks
angela

yours are much more symmetrical and aesthetically pleasing! a little more practice on your smiles and your boss will be working for you hun!

yours are much more symmetrical and aesthetically pleasing! a little more practice on your smiles and your boss will be working for you hun!

Thanks all who replied and Thank you so much for making me feel like I'm in the right profession.

I know the smile lines do need work and I will get there I can't believe how chuffed I am that they look good and the colour is different

The fact that you geeks like them better than where I worked makes me feel great

Thanks again :hug::hug::):)

The fact that you geeks like them better than where I worked makes me feel great

Thanks again :hug::hug::):)

Ur most welcome hun... infact your thread here made me file off my standard P&W's and go nuts with the colour lol.. I have on CND Mosaic Black tips with glitter Blood red edges.. nice to have a drastic change in tip colour!

Yep, definately yours. The smiles are a lot sharper and they are less 'bulbous'. Well done and if that's your first attempt I'd say you are def in the right profession! How hard is it to do the dominant hand though with you non-dominant?!

Sarah. x

Yep, definately yours. The smiles are a lot sharper and they are less 'bulbous'. Well done and if that's your first attempt I'd say you are def in the right profession! How hard is it to do the dominant hand though with you non-dominant?!

Sarah. x

To be perfectly honest I didnt find it that bad. Here are some pics of my dominent hand for you to see.

camera120.jpg

camera121.jpg

Angela

Well, Angela, you have certainly rescued your nails. Everything about your work is better than the previous set. Think how lovely they would have been in pink and white (I am not a lover of coloured tips unless the colour is very 'arty' and not quite so bold ... it is my opinion that colours like this cheapen the look of the nails but that is just my opinion. I love beauty and to me the colour is not a beautiful one and not suitable for every day wear.

OK Gigi

Here are my nails now I have replaced the purple with p&w

They are far from perfect but I had a go

What you think

camera101.jpg

camera100.jpg

Angela

They look good too!.. a little work on your apex placement thou, smiles are lovely. and as for the colour thing not being beautiful... beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;)

As I did say, I was giving my opinion and these new nails look pretty, feminine and classy.

Apexes are too low meaning too close to the free edge giving the side aspect a 'drooped' appearance. Place the apex a little higher (maybe you did initially) but then make sure not to drag your product into zone 1 (Use very light strokes with the brush to smooth but not move the product) which gives this droopy angular look and moves the apex toward the free edge.

Well done and lovely smiles. :hug:

im an absolute beginner at nails....but they look gorgeous to me:)

So is it the "apex" you term as the middle part of the nail??

ie,zone 2??...or am i just talking rubbish,i was just curious!

Also,are the whites sculpted or applied to a tip?

Either way,i appreciate the work thats gone into them.:green:

Latest posts

Back