What do you use to soak off enhancements?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BellaMia

Reaction score
I've always used acetone and 2 bowls but I'd like to see what else is out there. What do you use?

I use acetone ~ by soaking cotton wool ball in acetone placing on the nail then wraping in tin foil ~ leave to bake!!!~ then remove!

I've recently ordered a soak off bowl from Naturalnails. I've not used it yet but they're supposed to great. Basically it's molded plastic with two bowl areas for the nails. You fill it with hot water and it makes the acetone work quicker.

They're only just over a tenner so well worth the money. If you PM Fiona (Naturalnails) now, you might catch her before she goes on her hols.

xxx

I use the product remover & tinfoil method
x

Kimmi Rocks said:
I've recently ordered a soak off bowl from Naturalnails. I've not used it yet but they're supposed to great. Basically it's molded plastic with two bowl areas for the nails. You fill it with hot water and it makes the acetone work quicker.

xxx

I used my new efile today to file off l&p, after an hour of filling I decided to soak off - it would be quicker !! sigh!
Anyhow ... I used my soak off bowl which I bought from Fiona and as I was totally frustrated with wasting an hour, I filled the container with HOT water... ummm... I thought the product remover was going ignight!!! I had to poor it away and put some cooler water in... jeesh

But I got there in the end ... these bowls are a nifty piece of kit... and a lot less costly than an e-file... will I ever learn????

I use pure acetone and I pour it in a glass bowl with marbles. I find that using the marbles helps in removing the product plus my clients can have some fun while they soak.

Nidia

At home I'll do the cotton wool and foil method, at the salon we have soak off finger trays. We pour product remover (from Designer Nails) into each finger pot thingy, lol, then place the trays in our manicure bowls of hot water, place fingers in the trays, then cover hands and bowls with a towel.

Maybe we should order some quicksoak bowls!! :rolleyes: :green:

ns21 said:
I use pure acetone and I pour it in a glass bowl with marbles. I find that using the marbles helps in removing the product plus my clients can have some fun while they soak.

Nidia
I like this idea... will have to try it!!! I usually use acetone, cotton wool and foil ...

Has anyone used the finger spa soakers that individually go on each finger so you can soak off just one finger if you need too.

Louisa x

Hi there , I put cuticle oil around the cuticle area , then soak a lint free pad in acetone and wrap up into tin foil parcels! Much easier that the bowel method and you can work around the nail that is being soaked off.

Also using this method the acetone is easier to dispose of in the little parcels and doesn’t evaporate so fast as it does in the bowel

Derry

Yeah I have. They're not as good as I thought they'd be and they end up in a right old mess with the melted product left inside. Also, they are a squeeze to fit on the thumbs.

xxx

ltongue said:
Has anyone used the finger spa soakers that individually go on each finger so you can soak off just one finger if you need too.

Louisa x

I use these too... they do the trick. However, its quite a task getting them on all your fingers and they did feel a little tight when on.

I bought the quick soak bowl from naturnails, and i used it the other day on myself, you fill it up with warm water and i poured acetone in and a towel over my hands, they came off in about 20 minutes, so quick compared to the tinfoil method i thought. Its great.

Tin foil and product remover method for me.
I might get a soak bowl for when I have to soak off a whole set but, as mentioned before, if its only one or two nails, which it usually is, the foil method allows me to work around those nails.

Latest posts

Back