What Do You Wear on Yours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wondernail

Reaction score
I was curious to know...what do your nails look like?

Do you have enhancements, natural ?
Do do wear a french/american manicure or full nail art or plain polish?

Are you like me and never leave the house unless you have a full set of nail art on...the more dramatic the better?

hi. thats a very good question. my answer would be a bit of everything!!!!

i do try to wear glitter/colour acrylic nails as much as poss so that potential clients have an idea of what it can look like, i try to avoid wearing a standard french as most people have seen these tons of times before.

but it always comes to the point when im bored of what i have on so then i paint over and nail art them, which then i ruin when doing clents nails so then end up taking nails off, having natural for a week or so before giving in and starting the whole process again!!!!

I always change my nails, and always change the style. At the minute ive got sculpted pink and whites with mixed fuschia and purple crushed shell on the tip. My shape is stilletto, and they look wicked. Unfortunatly im rubbish on pc so dont kno how to post a pic!!

I always have enhancements on, and they vary as to what mood I'm in!! Like a lot of geeks I quickly get bored with my nails, so rarely rebalance! I usually soak off and start again!!

At the mo I have pink & white for the first time in ages, before that I had turquoise acrylic with green glitter, before that was pink crushed shell.....

I like something a bit different - either glitter tips or Nailtopia stickers - depends what I feel like! Feel naked without enhancements on though!!!

Nothing - not allowed anything at all because I am back at College
:cry: I want pretty nails!!!

i am constantly changing my nails, i never rebalance i always do myself a new set the clients love to see you in something different and whatever i am wearing you can guarantee a couple of clients will ask for it even if it means soaking off and starting again.
i haven't worn pink and whites for over a year now, and when i did myself some really pretty twighlight tips, all my clients moaned that it was too boring for me, so they didn't last long.
Whatever i wear it has to be acrylic and encased nail art, as painted nail art doesn't last five minutes once i start a client.

Why not try putting a uv gloss top coat on top of your nail art then it doesn't matter how many clients you see your nail art will be perfect.

wondernail said:
Why not try putting a uv gloss top coat on top of your nail art then it doesn't matter how many clients you see your nail art will be perfect.

i know that this maybe a stupid question=

do creartive do a Brisa gel that i could put over L&P's so that they are shiney but i want one that i dont have to cure under a UV light

im also back at college and am not allowed any on!!! so im trying to get them kinda ok for when i go back as theres nothing worse than studying nails when yours look awful.

usually though i have l&p's on and i like the see thru tips with pink crushed shells on, i also like the pressed flowers.

If i do wear nail varnish and nail art (usually do when i have a client) i put gel over them and they stay put then!!

i want pretty nails too!!!!!

I wear enhancements - I toss up between Gel and acrylic (depends on my mood) and acrylic with gel topcoat. I generally have some sort of nailart on that people never FAIL to comment on.

The nails I had on prior to this were ez flows tiger french. My boss has now asked me to do these for her sister for the Horse Races next month LoL

clairelee69 said:
i know that this maybe a stupid question=

do creartive do a Brisa gel that i could put over L&P's so that they are shiney but i want one that i dont have to cure under a UV light

All of the Brisa gels need to to be cured in a uv lamp

Diane

Hi

Im quite boring at the minute, white tips with some gold flicks on...... I would love to sit and do them real nice but the pub was calling me last night!
I generally use the Backscratchers Extreme system on myself as it is the easy option when doing your own nails. I never re balance, soak off and a new set, mine get ruined because i spend all my time making my clients look beautiful! I am going to purchase some clear tips and crushed shells a g mex so i can have a play then, love getting covered in acrylic!

lol
x

Well, I had natural tip and natural overlay with CND Frivolous over it! i bit them all off lastnight on the train hemo though so now I am sporting some rather attractive stumps!!! LOL!!!!

wondernail said:
I was curious to know...what do your nails look like?

Do you have enhancements, natural ?
Do do wear a french/american manicure or full nail art or plain polish?

Are you like me and never leave the house unless you have a full set of nail art on...the more dramatic the better?

At the momment on my right hand I have P&W L&P and on my left hand I have P&W L&P scuplts with red gel overlay and two gold hand painted chevrons nail art, How mad is that my hands look as if I've been a model (sp) for competition. ;)

Latest posts

Back