What do your monthly outgoings for a salon add up to?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxhaylzxx

Reaction score
As the title says what do your monthly out goings amount to not including stock just the bill and rent. Sorry to be nosey i just want to know what to expect as i dont know how much electricity etc will be

i rent a couple of rooms and my rent is a set fee... including electric, bins and music license. My rent is quite reasonable when you consider this is all included so i dont hold back on using my elec heater lol...

As the title says what do your monthly out goings amount to not including stock just the bill and rent. Sorry to be nosey i just want to know what to expect as i dont know how much electricity etc will be

Rent, Electricity, Water, Phone and Broadband is in the region of £415 per month

HTH's x

Rent ( 3 story salon with 6 rooms) £1330 + phone/water/electric/card machine £150ish

My salon is ground floor only with tanning room, treatment room, reception area and manicure station - Forgot the card machine charge which is £25 a month x

Rent £200
Elec £159
Gas £62
Water £67
Rates £00
Phone and Internet £30
PDQ machine £25

Tea and coffee, magazines, biscuits, loo roll, washing up liquid, hand soap, washing powder, Hoover bags, cleaning supplies - that list is endless and costs a surprising amount! I prob spend £8-10 per 2 weeks on magazines. I could cut this down to once a month, in fact I will.

My salon is ground floor only. 2 treatment rooms reception area and also I have the space "out the back" to double my working floor space, which we will be doing in time.

For my salon which has 1 treatment room mine is as follows;

Rent £500
Water £25
Electric £18
Credit Card machine £15 plus vat
Telephone £20 plus vat

Stock adds up to more than all of these together each month and I have been open 6 months hope this helps

Thank you all so much this is giving me a better idea of all the costs. I currently rent a treatment room so i have alot of stock and equiptment and othe bits and bobs. Now i can kind of work out if im going to be able to afford to do this. :) fingers crossed.

V helpful! I'm currently looking with my fiance about buying a salon in the easter time hopefully. All the costs really worry me but be nice to get a budget down on paper.

I currently only spray tan from home so I find it really hard to invisage making enough to cover costs AND live!!!!

I'm sure as the time gets closer I'll have LOTS of questions for you lovely ladies!

You need to factor in things like wages, insurance, travel (work), accountants fees and tax bill, magazines, loo roll, coffee/tea etc, cleaning, stationary/printing, flowers, repairs and renewals, laundry, window cleaning, trade memberships, PAT testing, fire extinguisher servicing, decoration, website costs, etc, etc, etc.

Shall I go on?

Good luck
:)

This thread is very helpful and wow how they differ! I rent a room so pay a fixed price and often wondered if i can make that leap, i already pay a lot of the extra outgoings so the 'others' are helpful it just depends an area and size i guess but thanks ive never dared ask :)

I am the same i rent a room for a fixed price which includes all gas lekky water telephone (although i cant yet use the phone after two month. Tis yet another reason why im not happy) I already factor in all the little things mentioned its just
gas?
lekky?
business rates?
water?
Phone line?
Broadband?
etc etc. Thank you all :) Now im just awaiting the details of the shop ive seen as its just gone on :) :)

Latest posts

Back