What does everyone think about fake bake being sold out?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaseysmum21

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just wondering what everyone thinks about fake bake being sold out, ive been using their products for over a year now and this is the first time ive tried to order and not be able to get any, they wont say why they are out of stock either. Im really starting to panic now as they cant give a definite date for it coming back in. Has this happened before and how long did it take to become back in stock? If you're in the same boat as me, have you found a way round it? or opted for another solution? Thanks xx

hi we ordered some fake bake just over 2 weeks ago and its still not arrived we ordered ours at the birmingham beauty show on 9th of may coz they were doing a deal 3 litres for a £100 so they said it would take 2 weeks to come we are thinking its sold out because there was a back long from the birmingham beauty show so many people ordered with them thats what we are thinking

I spoke with fake bake yesterday and was told my order placed at nec would not be with me the week of 23rd but at earliest end of next week..no mention of them selling. Does anyone know if this is fact or just hype??

Tracy

I was told on the phone today that they wont be getting any in until 31st may which is next tuesday and even then she couldnt guarantee it. Im assuming that they didnt account for the surge of orders they received at the show and are now out of solution. Not sure how their manufacturing process works but surely they need to get a move on? People will be going elsewhere for their solution otherwise. I used to use one of their machines and have ended up buying a maximist instead because it kept going wrong and the customer service i received was poor. Im glad i dont have to go to them if my machine ever goes wrong now cuz its like banging your head against a brick wall, you just dont get anywhere x

If you do a search you will find lots of threads about fake bake and how they keep selling out and having no stock - it's not because of the Birmingham show as there were threads before the show saying how they were out of stock and it seems to happen all the time from what I remember reading.

Lots of people decided to go with other solutions as it seems to have been happening for years - they sell out and have no idea when the next lot of stock will arrive.

Here are one of the recent threads:

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/137584-have-just-spoken-fake-bake.html

I'm not a spray tanner (even though I'm qualified) but have read many threads on this companies issues.

Surely if they haven't fulfilled your orders and cannot give you a date for when they will then you're entitled to a refund?!!!!

I had a company in the past mess around like this and in the end I just cancelled and went elsewhere, (glad I did because they ended up going under eventually)

I agree with Baggybear, there are alot of threads on here of late about FB.
Do yourself a favour and either use another solution or bring a second solution in. Changing solution did my business the world of good and my clients love and much prefer them to FB and I used it for 4 years!

This always seems to happen with FB..as there are loads of threads about it..if a huge company who have been going for a long time still cant predict that hey..they might just have a lot of orders because theyve attended a beauty show..then something is seriously wrong with their marketing strategy!! I got fed up very quickly ,ordered machine and tent from elsewhere and now use Nouvatan..quick delivery,usually 24 hrs, superb customer service and the solution is British with no alcohol in it! Do yourself a favour and ask for samples from other companies..

As baggy says its not new. to years ago it happened and I believe again last year and now this year.... I used to use them and because of this I went elsewhere.

Its appalling service and I feel for all of you waiting for stock as its super annoying and you are losing business.

I think they believe that just because they are well known then they are untouchable, not so, not these days.

tigi

Fake Bake are always unreliable, I think only one order I have made has come within 3 days, other than that it is usually 2 weeks, for such a big company there ordering system is ridiculous.

I use organics which I would say 90% of my clients now use so thankfully I dont have to order from Fake Bake much anymore.

I think it is always handy to have a back up to fake bake or dont use it as your main one because of the problems you can have with them.

I have now switched to xen tan as im so fed up of being told they're out of stock all the time!!
This was the convo i had with them the other week;
Me: Hi, i'd like to place an order please....
FB; erm.....what are you hoping to order?
Me; (hoping?????!!!) well retail & professional size self tan, not spray....
FB; we're out of stock of original self tan retail...
Me: ok, thats fine but i need original in professional size....
FB; we're out of stock on that too....
Me; so what exactly do you have in stock???!!!!
FB; not a lot really, wont be back in for another 2-3 weeks...!!

Bearing in mind i live in Spain so it would have been longer than that!! Also that they gave me a number for a distributor in Barcelona that didnt exist!! The number they gave didnt have a clue what i was talking about and i checked it 3 times with them!

With xen tan now, love it & LOVE their customer service!!!

One of our customers ordered her kit from Fake Bake (before she found us) and has been waiting nearly a month now :(

I think the biggest problem is that they're such a big name with people's clients - people come in asking for fake bake and technicians are scared that if they don't provide it, they'll go elsewhere. So they feel forced to keep ordering from a company that doesn't deliver and charges 2x the price of many others.

I suppose the key is to persuade your clients to give another brand a try (even if you have to give a small discount as an incentive), and when they do, they invariably end up loving it.

I don't think fake bake are what they used to be.

Im totally happy with trying other solutions as when the order arrives I will be new to fake bake anyway. The main reason I went for it to be fair was the inflatable pod with inbuilt extraction as no other company as yet provides anything like it do they?? And the trolley with the inbuilt gun does look very professional. Although after the third time of delivery date moving I am very very tempted to get a refund and go elsewhere.
Tracy

Hi ladies I was telling my friend about this yesterday, she is a beauty rep and has heard fakebake is being bought over, that's why there is a problem with stock x

I'm not a spray tanner (even though I'm qualified) but have read many threads on this companies issues.

Surely if they haven't fulfilled your orders and cannot give you a date for when they will then you're entitled to a refund?!!!!

I had a company in the past mess around like this and in the end I just cancelled and went elsewhere, (glad I did because they ended up going under eventually)

Funny you say that cause that's exactly what I think is going to happen with fake bake. The signs are starting to show that it's heading that way I think

It certainly sounds like we are being fobbed off doesn't it :(
I stupidly placed my order last week and she told me she couldn't guarantee when exactly I would get it , the money is out my account and of course - no solution! Wishing I had read these threads sooner and ordered from another company.
It seems like they are going bust or something.

I'm glad i found this webpage, it's so annoying and unprofessional having to turn down clients because I can't get stock from Fake Bake. I'm reluctant to use another solution as all my equipment has fake bake branding but i can't hang around. Can anyone suggest a good alternative? x

totally irrelevant, but Fake Bake sponsors Gordie Shores, have you seen the girls on there ...PMSL.... not a good advert ; )

totally irrelevant, but Fake Bake sponsors Gordie Shores, have you seen the girls on there ...PMSL.... not a good advert ; )

Tell me about it. I'm proud to be a Geordie and they are NOT Geordies!!! I'm sure there's only like 2 of them who are actually from Newcastle the rest are from Sunderland and middlesborough so they're not even Geordies and I don't know anyone who goes on like that.

They've been barred from a lot of the pubs and clubs in Newcastle city centre (the toon) cause all the true Geordies hate them and what they stand for so they're starting fights with them and telling them exactly what they think of them and threatening them. They're not welcome in Newcastle and Geordies are making it very plain to them.

I doubt they'll be able to keep airing it if I'm honest as I don't think the cast will survive the beatings and threats they're getting as it really is that bad! It's scary stuff!

hehe I meant their colour xxx but they act & look like dogs on heat xxx lol xxx

Latest posts

Back