What does it cost?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cute Tips

Mastering it Geek!
Reaction score
Hello All,

Im just wondering if any one has the quick answer to my question rarther than me sat for hours trying to work it out!

How much does it cost the nail tech (us), to complete a full set of CND nails in L&p.....&......Brisa Gel? In products and material im on about.

When I did my training with star nail approx 4 years ago, it worked out around 3 pounds (sorry, my pound sign isnt working on the keyboard) to complete a full set. because of this I have only been charging 20 pound to my ladies, which is also the going rate around here for mobile nail techs.

I am booked on a Brisa conversion and L&P will follow shortly after and im just wondering how this should effect my prices in terms of quality and cost of product to my self.

In my local area, just out of town, salons are charging 20 - 25 pounds and use star nails & and the cheaper brands from Sally......
.....actually in town approx 1/2 mile away, salons are charging up to 45 pounds using OPI.

I am in the middle of decorating a room at home to work from and plan to work mobile on 2 set days a week for my older ladies( who are as excited as i am about my conversions, and are willing to pay whatever it costs if it means better quality)!!

Im finding it difficult to rough draft a price list.....any help, or advice would be really appriciated.

Thanks, Rebecca,
xxxx

I roughly worked it out to
CND L&P, CND Brisa and DN Fabric# about to under £ 3.00 a set for all systems.....thats using standard size kits and not the L&P huge size products............including prep and fnishing products..................
So not bad eh !!!!!!!!!

I think that the average price for a full set using a high end product l/p and tips is around £3.50 to £4.00 with the majority of the cost being tips. There was a post not so long ago about this.

Don't price yourself down just because you are mobile. Your service at the end of the day is just as good as a salon.

I've been working from a hair salon for just over a year now and have been charging well below the competition.

From 1st Oct I'm putting my prices up. I think initially I priced myself cheap because I was new, but now I feel I should be charging a higher rate as my abilities have improved, not to mention the fact that my childcare costs have gone up, and I believe my clients will be willing to pay for a small increase.

Currently I charge £25 for a full set which will go up to £30 and £15 for a rebalance (bread and butter business) which will go up to £17.50.

Don't be afraid to charge what you think you are worth (hypocrite that I am as that's exactly what I've been doing up till now!!!) Reading posts on this site helped me make the decision.

Good luck with what you do but try not to underestimate yourself and your abilities.

Wow, I didnt expect it to be quite that little!!!
My prices will still be going up......after all, i need to pay back all the extra training etc..etc!!!!!

Hi

the advice iwould give is dont make your rebalance too cheep. Its your main work so make it at least 3/4 the price of your full set. I can sometimes take as long on a rebalance as i do a full set (1 1/2 hours) depending on the length of time inbetween appointments.
HTH

Latest posts

Back