What does OPI stand for?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
because dentures are made using the same or very similair products, when u get old youll remember this whilst youre wearing them lol! :lol:

Orthodontic Products Incorporated....OPI,hth:)

I think it should be Odontorium Products Inc.
Im sure it all means the same in dentistry terms though!

thanks everyone. x
at least now I know if im asked.
xxxxx

So glad i read this thread. You learn something new everyday. :)

Hi there,

I remember the first time I met the founder and his wife. It was 1990 at my first 3-D nail competition. They were manning their own booth in those days trying to break into the market (alongside Jan in her CND booth down the way). All of whom were very charming and I still would have liked to own the diamond and sapphire OPI brooch he had made for his wife which she had on. VERY pretty!

Well, like you, I wanted to know what OPI stood for too!...and yes, it's true that our current acrylic nail systems were born out of the orthodontic pharmaceuticals industry...those false teeth you've seen in peoples mouths? That's right! That is the connection. While the formulations and materials have continued to evolve in both the nail and orthodontic worlds, they are nonetheless ancient first cousins. If I recall, my first OPI products had Orthodontic Pharmaceuticals Inc. written under the OPI logo (those jars are LONG GONE!-lol)

At the base of all our products is hard science that crossed over from another industry...including gels and wraps!

Look for the chemistry behind your products--why they work for you, and especially why they may not be, is right there.

^..^
Ginger
(I'm a retired instructor and competitor now)

Latest posts

Back