What does OPI stand for?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tat1973

Reaction score
hi all
please can you tell me what OPI stands for.
I have come up with some answers myself but I would like to know the real meaning.
xxxxx:rolleyes:

It's something to do with dentistry I can't remember the long name but I'm sure someone else will know-it was in Scratch a few months ago X

oh ok. Im even more intriged now!

Orthodontic Products Incorporated....OPI,hth:)

thanks I would never have guessed that in a million years!
xxx:eek:

Orthodontic Products Incorporated....OPI,hth:)
:confused:why would they name a polish brand after orthodontics???Orthodontics is speciality dentistry...how odd:eek:

:confused:why would they name a polish brand after orthodontics???Orthodontics is speciality dentistry...how odd:eek:
I know,but its true:eek::lol:

Most Nail products are linked to Dentistry.....the Founder of CND was also a dentist!!!!

Most Nail products are linked to Dentistry.....the Founder of CND was also a dentist!!!!
Yes but that was to do with the acrylic wasn't it?I know OPI do do L&P but dont see the connection between the actual polish and the dentistry...:eek:Is there an actual ingredient that links polish to dentistry??

I think there is something that is in Nail Envy that is linked to the dentistry profession babs....but i can not think what the particular ingredient is:eek::)

I think there is something that is in Nail Envy that is linked to the dentistry profession babs....but i can not think what the particular ingredient is:eek::)
Mmm thanks Gabi,that again kind of makes sense as nail envy helps strengthen the nails so maybe again same ingredient used in dentistry for crowns, caps and the like.

You'd be amazed how many companies diversify in their original prouct line and end being successful with something a million miles away from where they started.

For instance, Nokia was originally a rubber manufacturer and their first commercial product.....a pair of wellies!

I think their founder was an orthodontist or something X

I see,thanks Lyndsey and Nail princess,you learn something everyday and at least I now know,though I doubt it will stop my clients calling it OPEY pronounced OPEEEE aaaaargh:irked:I hate it.

yes, the creator of OPI was in the orthodontist/dentist business.

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

OPI = "Other People's Ideas" :)
Sorry ....industry joke

hi - OPI actually stand for Odontorium Products Inc. Almost there with orthodontics tho!!

OPI - Corporate Bios

hth xx

Odontorium products Incorporated....OPI
hth

Because Acrylic nails originated from an acrylic substance that was used
for repairing Teeth!! So thats probably why they have named it after
Orthodontics! Thats my thoughts anyway! :idea:

George who owns OPI was a dentist, thats one link.
OPI's first acrylic system was based on false teeth, and was called the lackey band system.

hth becki x

Latest posts

Back