What equipment to take when mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyuk

Reaction score
Hi all just wondered if you take your own table and chairs/stools when you are mobile Any replies are welcomed thanks :lick:

Hi,

I take my own chair for doing pedicures, but for nails I can normally manage with what they have in their home. There's always a way round it, using an ironing board is always a good one if they don't have a table!

hth

XX

Ok thanks for replying hun So shall I take somthing with me or just leave it and make do with what they have

It depends if you already have anything to take with you, how portable it is etc. I find with pedicures I have to take my own chair cos otherwise my back is killing me afterwards. I did also go through a phase of taking a table with me and leaving in the car just in case they didn't have anything, but I hardly ever used it so I don't always take it now.

But to start off with you may just want to see how it goes, and then find out if you need a table/chair etc, rather than spending the money first and then later finding out you didn't really need it.

What I do is;
When a new client calls I explain that I need to carry a lot of equipment and it would help if I can use their ironing board as a table, I explane that I protect it with my towels and that it is perfect as it is height adjustable and narrow enough so you aren't leaning over. Most people don't mind.
I find that when I am returning to clients they have the board out ready!

Thanks again ladies the ironing board sounds like an excellent idea ill try that thanks again :hug:

Hi.
When I was mobile I was very surpriced how many people don't have a table or have rounded or too big one. So I had portable one (£10) in my car boot just in case. It is always better to have something you are used to. And a little lamp too!!!
Leni

I always take my table as it has a lamp attachment, I never take chairs, will now though! went out last week and she only had bar stools or tiny chairs from india that were almost touching the ground! not good for your back at all!

Another good idea is an extension lead, its amazing how many people dont have a socket close by.....x

Latest posts

Back