What Exactly Is Spamming? Please Explain.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Adele here. If you know that someone has posted a thread who has a financial gain then please do let us know. We do not know everything about everyone and may not know that the person posting is the owner of the company for example.

The reason is that I already have the name for being outspoken.......I don't want to get the name as a grass as well.

Point taken though, maybe everyone will alert the mods in future when this is going on.

The reason is that I already have the name for being outspoken.......I don't want to get the name as a grass as well.

Point taken though, maybe everyone will alert the mods in future when this is going on.

No one knows who reports posts except the Mods - there is no flashing warning light which flashes up saying whoop whoop Kim Lawless has reported a post LOL.

We never tell anyone who has reported a post - the wont know whether it was reported by 1 or 100 members.

No grassing involved.

When I first joined the Geek, way back when, I recieved an infraction for Spamming, as I posted a link and a thread advertising my brothers t-shirts, and it was only then, did I realise what spamming was! Its for personal gain, or I guess the gain of friends/family (as it was in my case).

Just thought Id share, everytime I check my rep, Im reminded of what a naughty girl I once was! :lol:

Kim...you're outspoken??:lol::hug:

And Hayls well done for admitting you made a mistake hun...none of us are perfect, we live and learn xxx

Well at last the penny has dropped....thanks Angie and Sam....that clarified it finally...took a while lol.....

and Hayls too....good on you for admitting it and making it EVEN clearer for me....and sometimes you have to make a mistake to learn from it....and help others learn too....

Xxxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back