What facial brand to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyEssence

Reaction score
Hi :confused:

I am in need of some help. I have recently set up my own beauty business on the side of my full time job. I have started to offer treatments eg shellac. But I am having trouble knowing what facial products to use.

Can anyone please give me some ideas or advice on some good facial products??

Thank you very much

If you do a quick search on here there are hundreds of threads about this exact question with all the information you could need.

Happy reading!x

Brilliant....thank you very much x

It totally depends.. I really love decleo.. the training is second to none, the help you get is amazing.. only downside is the cost but its worth investing in as easy to retail the products.

Have just started using SwissDermyl and can't rate it highly enough. I started out from home and used Thalgo for years, but recently needed to replace them. SwissDermyl are just fab - my clients have been raving about them. With Thalgo I had to order a certain amount per year, which can be hard as I carry 2 facial ranges, so I switched to SD and no such rules, excellent customer service, and a range you can be proud of. I know they will be at Professional Beauty at the end of Feb. Hope that helps x

Eve Taylor or Elemis......Even give ActiDerm a try x

Eve Taylor is lovely! However I would still like to try SwissDermyl, all Lynne Bakers fault, she does a great job of making it sound so great :lol:

I make no apology for it; it's a brilliant product range!
And thank you to everyone who's been recommending it; it means a great deal to us!
See you all at the show - how exciting!
:)

I make no apology for it; it's a brilliant product range!
And thank you to everyone who's been recommending it; it means a great deal to us!
See you all at the show - how exciting!
:)

Hi Lynne,

How do I go about seeing your range ? Having recently done a Facial Course I am looking for a good brand to use on luxury facials, and forgive my ignorance for not knowing of yourselves xx

We'll be exhibiting at Pro Beauty in three weeks, and again at Pro Beauty North in October. Drop me a pm with your details and I'll have a sample pack out to you tomorrow!
And please, don't worry about not knowing about us; until we took over the distribution last June there hadn't been a web presence or much of a marketing drive. We're changing all that now!

I Am in the same position as FairyBrowMother was, how did you find the brand?
I need to choose one!

We're looking to replace Dermalogica with something that will compliment Environ (both inherited).

I've made a number of enquiries and some of the customer care is pretty poor which doesn't really encourage me. Credit where credit is due though, great service so far from Elemis, not cheap but very positive so far.

Hi,

I am looking to switch my excisting brand Neal's Yard. I started quite recently, but I noticed I need a professional brand. I am thinking on Eve Taylor, but remeber Swiss Dermy is good as well. Is Swiss Dermy more expensive than ET?

We'll happily provide you with a price list and a cost per service guide too, if it helps!

Eve Taylor is great and the prices are very good!

Thank you for your recommendation. What is Cosmeceutical and Prescriptive means in skincare products? How does it make a different in the result?

Cosmeceutical is a term made up by the cosmetic industry to suggest that the product is somewhere between a cosmetic and a pharmaceutical. It has no legal standing, since products are either drugs, cosmetics (retail or professional) or medical devices, with some cosmetics and drugs falling into this category.

However, many cosmetics alter their advertising to meet the guidelines, especially anti-wrinkle creams which would otherwise be considered to be a drug.

The term cosmeceutical was devised by some people to basically separate the ‘men from the boys’ in marketing terms and obviously it has found a home in cosmetics containing active ingredients with claims of efficacy.

The term is not recognised by either the FDA or the EU regulatory bodies (and Japan has its own set of rules too). It has now become somewhat ‘stuck’ and people do not realise they are using a term with no substantiated meaning.

Lynne Baker you seem to be the Salon Geek GURU!!!! (girls, don't you all agree?)

I'm looking to add facials to my salon and really want some advice. I want facials that deliver RESULTS!!!!!

Do you have a website you could share with us Lynne, I want to know what are the hottest facial trends right now and bring them to my little corner of London!

If you look under my avatar you can see the website details.
Thank you for the compliment! I've been studying skin for 30 years now so I feel I have a good grounding in the subject. That said, I never stop learning!
If you would like more info then do drop me an email on [email protected] and we can send you all the details.

Latest posts

Back