What facial range?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used all the 'big name' brands before from Elemis - Dermalogica and I now use Eve Taylor - myself and my clients could not be happier!

It's all very well spending £2000-£3000 on a brand and then all your clients go onto OVC or strawberry.net or a site similar and buy all their homecare products (in professional sizes also!) from there instead of you! What a joke. Decleor is widely available over the counter without a hint of a consultation and Dermalogica you can be sure is on it's way there. And these companies do nothing to stop this carry on.

I would advise you at least try Eve Taylor as there is no minimum order then if your clients don't like it then move on but believe me they will :)
They continuously add to their range also instead of just changing their packaging like alot of brands are doing.

Sandra

In the salon I work in the owner uses Eve Taylor and the clients love it! We have only been open 9 weeks and she's doing really well retailling it and as its not overly expensive after the clients have their facial they usually spend more money on the Eve taylor products as they like them so much. x

It's all very well spending £2000-£3000 on a brand and then all your clients go onto OVC or strawberry.net or a site similar and buy all their homecare products (in professional sizes also!) from there instead of you! What a joke. Decleor is widely available over the counter without a hint of a consultation and Dermalogica you can be sure is on it's way there. And these companies do nothing to stop this carry on.

I would advise you at least try Eve Taylor as there is no minimum order then if your clients don't like it then move on but believe me they will :)
They continuously add to their range also instead of just changing their packaging like alot of brands are doing.

Sandra

Let's be honest - if you go online you can pretty much get any brand from anywhere without a consultation, and it's very unlikely anyone's going to be able to put the toothpaste back in the tube. And obviously the larger the demand for the product the greater it's availability will be as no-one bothers with products few have heard of.

The availability of a limited amount of Decleor home-care products does nothing to my sales as most people who go to salon & buy their skincare during treatments are not the same market as those who want to wander about shops in case they might save a £1 or £2. In fact, generally Decleor is no cheaper in the department stores than it is in-salon.

Re. the minimum order, whether they impose one or not, there will still be a minimum spend required to get one of everything you need to carry out a treatment (I'm assuming that Eve Taylor have professional strength formulas & products as well as retail strength). Also, if you are being fair to your client you will need to invest in more than one line in the range to cater for the different skin conditions, which requires further investment. Then there is the retail so vital to the client actually seeing results. So there is an initial minimum spend required to enable you to offer a professional service, even if the company don't enforce it.

I have yet to see a professional brand just change packaging. Decleor have their own laboratories, and as they are now part of the Sheseido & Carita groups the formulations are getting particularly advanced & improved with new formulas coming out yearly. They also have a whole range of face & body products, including lip balms, eye creams, SPF face & body creams, fake tans etc etc so you don't have to start buying odds & ends from other ranges to plug the missing lines, as is so often the case with the smaller skincare brands.

Last edited:
Let's be honest - if you go online you can pretty much get any brand from anywhere without a consultation, and it's very unlikely anyone's going to be able to put the toothpaste back in the tube. And obviously the larger the demand for the product the greater it's availability will be as no-one bothers with products few have heard of.

The availability of a limited amount of Decleor home-care products does nothing to my sales as most people who go to salon & buy their skincare during treatments are not the same market as those who want to wander about shops in case they might save a £1 or £2. In fact, generally Decleor is no cheaper in the department stores than it is in-salon.

Re. the minimum order, whether they impose one or not, there will still be a minimum spend required to get one of everything you need to carry out a treatment (I'm assuming that Eve Taylor have professional strength formulas & products as well as retail strength). Also, if you are being fair to your client you will need to invest in more than one line in the range to cater for the different skin conditions, which requires further investment. Then there is the retail so vital to the client actually seeing results. So there is an initial minimum spend required to enable you to offer a professional service, even if the company don't enforce it.

I have yet to see a professional brand just change packaging. Decleor have their own laboratories, and as they are now part of the Sheseido & Carita groups the formulations are getting particularly advanced & improved with new formulas coming out yearly. They also have a whole range of face & body products, including lip balms, eye creams, SPF face & body creams, fake tans etc etc so you don't have to start buying odds & ends from other ranges to plug the missing lines, as is so often the case with the smaller skincare brands.

Yes but Martin, the fact that Decleor(not only Decleor, I'm not singling Decleor out by any means) do nothing about the fact that you can get their products without a consultation would be worrying for me. I didn't study years in college to be a professional and to use a 'professional' brand when the company itself is taking the professionalism out of it. I wouldn't think it is any cheaper in a department store than a salon BUT it's still been sold by decleor to a department store!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

RE: Minimum Order: a minimum order enables the potential stockist to try whichever products they want for aslong as they wish before they get themselves handcuffed into a brand.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

RE: Whole ranges therefore no need to plug gaps: You use nothing but Decleor, even for fake tanning etc?

Hi
I've used Eve Taylor for the last 3 years and my clients all love it.

I agree entirely here; it is a false economy to start cheap. The only people who will let you put cheap products anywhere near there faces are people who want to pay cheap prices, you will never get these people to later convert to more expensive facials or products. If you're going to offer facials you're far better off using proper professional products from day one & not some 'Sally Salon' range - client's are very product savvy these days.

Lol that's what I've been telling my boyfriend while I've been setting up. He couldn't understand why I didn't just use my college stuff to start with!

I'm mobile and wish that the Decleors of this world would supply to us. Although I do understand their reasons for not doing so. I would love to be able to use such products on my clients, while benefiting from the trade prices, training and marketing support these companies offer.

i use solutions facial range and my facial clients love it, I understand what your saying about it being too expensive as i couldnt afford it either.

as my business progresses and i gain more clients then i will look at spending more, but if you spend your money all on products then where is the profit??

i use solutions facial range and my facial clients love it, I understand what your saying about it being too expensive as i couldnt afford it either.

as my business progresses and i gain more clients then i will look at spending more, but if you spend your money all on products then where is the profit??

And thats what worries me! Yes I could go spend all that money but then what if facials dont take off in my salon and Im left 2k down and all these products sitting doing nothing. I know I shouldnt think this way but I have to look at it both ways, it being a sucess and it not going to great.
So far Iv not had 1 person ask me if I do facials and the area Im in I dont know if I will get that much interest. So Im wanting to play it by ear just now and get in a range that wont break the bank and if it turns sucessful over the next 6 months I will look at investing in dermalogica

have a look at solutions by hive and see what you think

Am i the only one who wasnt impressed with eve taylor? I got 3 samples through, not over generous hey! I tried them, i didnt like the smell much basil and something. :irked:
Im trying to get in to them because everyone raves about them but i dont get it? Do they give great results? I want a serious skincare range that give great results not just a pamper facial where people will only have once a year! Ive only ever used dermaolgica but im investigating other companys. Didnt like S.Monu, found them so heavy and greasy. Eve taylor smelt bad. Cant get darphin as i'm home based. got a meeting with environ so we will see. Not heard back from the other companys even though i emailed them over 2 weeks ago. Any advice on who? thanks

Have you spoken to Andy Wingham at Swissdermyl?
01455 891785

I didn't rate Eve Taylor either, and I'm an aromatherapist too!

Am i the only one who wasnt impressed with eve taylor? I got 3 samples through, not over generous hey! I tried them, i didnt like the smell much basil and something. :irked:
Im trying to get in to them because everyone raves about them but i dont get it? Do they give great results? I want a serious skincare range that give great results not just a pamper facial where people will only have once a year! Ive only ever used dermaolgica but im investigating other companys. Didnt like S.Monu, found them so heavy and greasy. Eve taylor smelt bad. Cant get darphin as i'm home based. got a meeting with environ so we will see. Not heard back from the other companys even though i emailed them over 2 weeks ago. Any advice on who? thanks

Hi Beloved,

Not sure you have tried enough samples to say Eve Taylor products smell bad. Basil is only used where appropriate, I mean theres no point in all products smelling like roses if there all going to do the same thing, right?! As an aromatherapist I can easily commend Basil for use on acneic, problem skin. Its an excellent antibacterial and 'freshening' oil. My clients rave constantly at the beautiful smells from the Eve Taylor range. Why don't you purchase a few products (no minimum order) and see the results yourself, I'm positive you will be impressed :). A pampering range with great results - now theres something to be happy with!

Hope this helps.

Sandra

I understand where you are coming from by not wanting to get a loan for your products, why not have a look at Environ they have a low start up order and are quite a good brand? I would get alot of information from all the companies and see what they will offer you, you need a good rapport with a company and as this is the largest outlay of money, you need good customer service and understand the company's ethos.

I was in the same position as you, I looked at all the ranges but could not afford the start up costs and definatly would not take out a loan.
I was recommended to Eve Taylor by my tutor, there is no minumum order and the products are affordable for you and your clients.
I bought the mobile kit to start with and I loved the products, all my clients love the products and the results are great.
A number of my clients are now buying Eve Taylor instead of their usual top of the range products. That speaks for itself.
Their education and after sales service is also tops.
The one thing I would say to you, is get a product range which you believe in and love, it make retail easier.
Hope this helps

Kay

Hi Guys,

We have somthing for you to consider, a facial package with 7 defferent peels + Babtac accredited training, take a look on our website for more details.

Also look out for our dates in the events calandar.

hope you find it useful, take care speak soon

www.onlyyourskincare.co.uk

Although I'm not in the position to invest in this training yet it looks interesting.
Where in England does training take place?
How does your papaya peel differ from Elemis product?
Many thanks

I have sampled many skincare brands, for my own use and to use within my business, you have to go with your gut instinct and personally i think it comes down to individual taste, ive tried Elemis (no way), Decleor (lovely), Pure Fiji, Skin Yoga by Art Deco, to name a few, my favourite by far is Art Deco's Skin Yoga ( not overley fussy and strong smelling ):)
My over the counter fave is definatley L'Occitane:hug:

I understand about buying Dermalogica £2000 set up,,, alot of money and then I'm sure every year you have to spend a mininum amount with them I maybe wrong. and the thing with Dermalogica is it's a popluar choice for salon's and client's have heard of them,,, also you can buy the product's on th net etc. There seem's to be everywhere you go there is a salon doing Dermalogica.

I looked at them and was put off with them because I really didn't feel they were interested, they send me out the information,,, on price's,,, which is a great help and they never did a follow up call, I did try to ring the number of the rep that they gave me. Also two other salon's in my area took them on in the time I was looking so I thought against it.

I did look at Eve Taylor but I didn't like the smell of the product's and just didn't like them. I did go with Susan Molynuex which are great products and lovely facial's,,, client's love it. They do a set up package with free 2 day training. And to me the product's speak for themselves,,, I give client's a couple of sample's after a facial and then end up buying the product's. The are a cheaper brand for clients to buy,,,I have previously used Darphin and it was so hard to get client buying the product's no matter how much they liked them.

It's a case of you getting to use the product's and seeing what you think,,, with Eve taylor you could buy a few and have a play around yourself,,,it's finding something that you like.

Karen I agree with you.I started my business as a nail tech and over the years I trained in different areas and offered more treatments with NO credit card and NO loans in tow.My business has been run and paid for with profit base only.I offer thia facials with natural ingredients and all my clients love them and have ditched there expensive skin care ranges.your the the promoter of your own business and the products will speak for themselves after a treatment has been finished :) good luck sweetie x

Although I'm not in the position to invest in this training yet it looks interesting.
Where in England does training take place?
How does your papaya peel differ from Elemis product?
Many thanks

Hi Dandelion Poppy
The training takes place either in London or Manchester, dates are on the website, where you can also book your course. With regards to the Elemis Papaya peel: as far as i know that is a product for clients to use at home, and not a professional in salon treatment. The Only Yourx, Papaya Purifying Peel, is a professional in salon treatment containing enzymes, mint and clove. This will gently remove the build up of dead skin cells this treatment will have much higher levels of actives than a product used for homecare, giving a more dramatic result. Hope this helps. Louisa

www.onlyyourskincare.co.uk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back