What facial range?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im going to the manchester beauty show in a few weeks so will have a look around at all the brands and see what I like!
I really would love to go with dermalogica but the money side is putting me off! Plus I called up 10 beauty salons that are nearest to me, all within a 10 mile radius and 8 of them all use Dermalogica! In a way its good as means its a popular choice but then again it could be bad for retail as there are so meny competitors.

Hi Dandelion Poppy
The training takes place either in London or Manchester, dates are on the website, where you can also book your course. With regards to the Elemis Papaya peel: as far as i know that is a product for clients to use at home, and not a professional in salon treatment. The Only Yourx, Papaya Purifying Peel, is a professional in salon treatment containing enzymes, mint and clove. This will gently remove the build up of dead skin cells this treatment will have much higher levels of actives than a product used for homecare, giving a more dramatic result. Hope this helps. Louisa

www.onlyyourskincare.co.uk

Many thanks! I think Elemis papaya is used in salon treatments but is also, as you rightly say, a home-use product too. I love it as it's great for skin prone to broken capilliaries while still being very effective- is this where yours slots in too?

Im going to the manchester beauty show in a few weeks so will have a look around at all the brands and see what I like!
I really would love to go with dermalogica but the money side is putting me off! Plus I called up 10 beauty salons that are nearest to me, all within a 10 mile radius and 8 of them all use Dermalogica! In a way its good as means its a popular choice but then again it could be bad for retail as there are so meny competitors.

Why follow the herd?
Do your research and choose an excellent but less "common" than Dermalogica. There are SO many skin care brands out there!

Hi, I have just seen your posting and I know it was a few weeks ago now but wondered if you had decided on a range of products. I have recently qualified and like yourself could not afford the costs in investing in dermalogica products. I wanted a range with no minimum amount but affordable enough to buy the range to cover all skin types. Instead I went for a completely organic natural range and I have found that people love this approach. I have gone for the range by The Green People. I love the products and have used them myself for sometime now. They smell divine and the results are brilliant. All my clients seem happy with them and they keep coming back, which speaks for itself. Hope this helps.

Good thread and full of advice, in the end you need to try, touch, smell and use a variety of products yourself. Think of it from a clients perspective and what results you are experiencing. Do get in contact with the companies and ask for some samples to be sent to you so you are not having to pay for items you may not end up using.
I am mobile so have been limited in my choice, i ended up choosing Susan Molyneux. I found them very pleasant to deal with. You can choose one of their start up packages or tailormake your own. If you choose a package you do get free training and the more facials you do and get earning the more you can add to your range.
Above all i let family members try the samples, good thing about family and friends they are very honest! All comented on the smell and how good their skin felt afterwards, i have had repeat facials from clients now all thrilled with the results.
Good luck in your facial training and i hope you find a product you trust and believe in that is afordable.
Nicola x

My reply to this may not be totally appropriate as I offer holistic facials. I have done Thalgo in the past and Eve Taylor more recently, and have now gone completely natural with Ayurveda Pura. I think it comes from the fact that I work at a retreat and Ayurvedic facials fit in more with the ethos of the retreat. I used to offer prescription pampering facials and I found Eve Taylor especially good for this but my clients (including my mobile ones) now prefer an ayurvedic facial which concentrates more on massage than product and I have seen my business grow over the last few months as the results are great.

I know this route may not suit everyone and I totally appreciate that it may not be suitable for salons, but if you did want to offer an alternative, I would definitely recommend them.

Have you looked at Monu skincare? They sent me some lovely samples and the customer care is really good and efficient!
Professional stock for one treatment room is £525 but this was still too much for me! I'm only 17 and have just set up a business as a mobile therapist on a budget of just over £1000 so I agree, loans are a bad idea. I'm using Priadara from Ellisons which I know is a cheap range but I love it and you can still charge up to £40 for a facial with their products which isn't bad considering it only cost me about £200 to get what i needed :) You can also buy a manual and dvd so you don't have to attend training and save extra money!

Hope this helps :)

Have you heard of Susan Molyneux products? check out their website at www.monuskin.co.uk they might just be the compromise you're looking for!
Small business packages start at about £500 which includes 2 day in house training. Hope this helps.

I think it is def worth investing in a good brand of facial and bodycare.
If you are aiming to attract clients into the salon then a well known brand is a good option. As you say many of the salons in your area are using dermalogica I would go for something different.
I use Decleor and would throughly recommend

Latest posts

Back