What files do you use for L&P - CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb379

Reaction score
Hi there
Just wondering what files you all use when doing CND L&P, especially for finishing and rebalancing. It would seem some people use quite a few and others just a couple.

Deb379

I like the Kanga its great for working around the epoynichium and the side walls...then I use their double sided file which is 240(white)/180 (black) cant remember the name of it ( :rolleyes: ) but its very good at taking them cheese wedges down....lol..

Then to finish I use a white block, then CDN's koala, then a CND G'friend buffer

PS Creative when you gonna do a washable Kanga?

Tuxedo; Kanga; Koala (especially the 1200 side for filing away scratches with SolarOil - it's brilliant) - the Girlfriend and the Outblack - most I have mentioned are 240 grit - the Tux is 240/120 as is the Outblack and great for R/B's and buffing down full sets - I think the Koala is my all time fave plus the Girlfriend!;)

I use the Tuxedo 120/240 and Koala 240/1200 for L&P rebalance........ 120 to remove the bulk and 240 for refining ...............Kanga 240 for reducing lenght of natural nail........The 1200 side of the koala for oil buffing..........then the girlfriend buffer...for that glass finish............
I also use those files and the Blizzard 100/180 board for Gels and Fabric# .
I love the blizzard board, specialy in competitions, no black grit anywhere to be seen lol......

Thanks for your replies, only when I trained we were told to use at least 7 sides of different file for finishing so would be nice to cut them right down.

Deb379

There are lots of CND abrasives to choose from to suit YOU.

When training, it is necessary to use many grits to learn and to smooth to a glass finish.

You are 'growing up' now and can choose the ones you like best from the range. There are a few new ones to try as well as Ruth says.

Nailsinlondon1 said:
I use the Tuxedo 120/240 and Koala 240/1200 for L&P rebalance........ 120 to remove the bulk and 240 for refining ...............Kanga 240 for reducing lenght of natural nail........The 1200 side of the koala for oil buffing..........then the girlfriend buffer...for that glass finish............
I also use those files and the Blizzard 100/180 board for Gels and Fabric# .
I love the blizzard board, specialy in competitions, no black grit anywhere to be seen lol......
This is again really helpful for me. I was rebalancing my sister's p&w's today, I had run out of my NSI files so used the cheaper files I originally bought that were sitting in my box. NEVER AGAIN!!! It took forever to file down the enhancements to a workable level, I seemed to be getting nowhere, whereas when I used the NSI file before on the same product, so much quicker. I am going to the Creative stand at Excel with my list which keeps growing! My first Creative products have been the Kanga & Girlfriend, I LOVE THEM! As always, you get what you pay for!

PS is the tuxedo the same as the Outblack? It is listed in my Ellisons catalogue as being 120/240.

I love the tuxedo, the black side for filing down the enhancement before rebalancing. Then the white side after rebalance before using the koala for oil buff and girlfriend for high shine (or uv finishing gloss if suffering from frozen shoulder :lol: ).

Mel x

Deb379 said:
Hi there
Just wondering what files you all use when doing CND L&P, especially for finishing and rebalancing. It would seem some people use quite a few and others just a couple.

Deb379

Hi Deb!

I use the Blizzard Board 180 side to shape and refine edges...
(I love that it's 'white' and there aren't any black 'specks' to deal with!)

then the 240 side of either the Koala or Boomerang Board (my preference- the BB-- as it is also white) to smooth the surface of the enhancement..

remove dust, then apply Solar Oil and use the 1200 side of either the Koala or Boomerang Board

then of course, the Girlfriend!! (Or if wearing enamel, I use Stickey base coat)

For rebalancing- I use the 120 side of the Outblack to reduce product...

and the 240 side of either the Koala or Boomerang Board to remove shine from the natural nail growth.

Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back