What files do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirsty_

Reaction score
Hi all, just wanted to start a thread about the different grits we all use for our L&P nails. When a new set I always use 180 grit then down to 240. for rebalance i have been taught to use 100 down to 180 then to 240. Still quite new to all this and just read a tutorial from geeg about rebalances where she mentions that she uses 180 and then 240. Should i not be using 100? What do you fellow geeks use and what do you find works best for you all?

xx

Hi,
I use the 100 grit only on a rebalance to take the bulk down, or my e-file ( I don't take too much off with the e-file), then 180 grit, then 240 grit as I maybe touching onto the natural nail.

After application 180 grit, then onto 240 grit. Taking up further depending on the finish the client wants.
If she wants gel top coat 240 grit is my last file.
But I do like to buff to a high shine with the girlfriend buffer & glossing block. :lol:
Lotsa luv x x :hug: x x

Hi, on new sets, I use a 180 then a 240, then my girlfriend buffer. I use the same for a rebalance xx

Hi there, I use 100 to debulk during rebalance, then 180 around zone 3, then 240,,, then once re-applied products, 180, 240, then koala to buff solar oil, then scrub fresh and buff of just scrubfresh and use air dry,,which I sm loving at the moment, and so are my clients, hth

Kate xxx

CND L&P SPA MANI & PEDI

HI,

I've used loads of different file brands and i got sent through a sample of Endurance files from NSI and i must say out of all the brands out there these are the best, they are comfortable to hold, have astraight edge for the side wall and a half moon edge for the cuticle area and the come in 100, 150, 180 grit.
Heres a link to show you more
Endurance Files - Nail Systems International(UK)

I am a CND user and i love them, but theses files dont compare!

Hope this helps

P.s maybe give NSI a call to see if they will send you a sample?

EzFlow & IBD files all the way down for me :)

I'm really bad I use a 100/180 the whole time :o I refine the sides n edges, flip over to 180 and file the body of the nail, I bevel with 100, then 180 then koala. Rebalance is when I do most filling so yeah 100,180,240
When I say I'm bad I'm not really as I dont do much filling at all so for me its just light finishing. With Brisa I hardly file at all.

HI,

I've used loads of different file brands and i got sent through a sample of Endurance files from NSI and i must say out of all the brands out there these are the best, they are comfortable to hold, have astraight edge for the side wall and a half moon edge for the cuticle area and the come in 100, 150, 180 grit.
Heres a link to show you more
Endurance Files - Nail Systems International(UK)

I am a CND user and i love them, but theses files dont compare!

Hope this helps

P.s maybe give NSI a call to see if they will send you a sample?

I use these too. 180 endurance for me then a white block and then the purple turtle board for zone 3.

LOVE them:green:

I use young nails 100 for rebalances and debulking, or 150 moving down to 180 and then the young nails buffer which is fabulous. lovely to handle and is quick to refine.
I also love the nsi endurance files they are fabulous

Latest posts

Back