What formula for this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starboltz

Reaction score
Friends hair is the level of a 9-10 so prepigging with copper mousse (struggling to find that shade in indola mousse grrrrr!!)

I use igora royal and wandering what you'd mix to create this? I've got too many ideas, so I need to narrow it down haha. thanks in advance x

Attachments

• ronze-Emma.png
    ronze-Emma.png
    436.1 KB · Views: 120
Friends hair is the level of a 9-10 so prepigging with copper mousse (struggling to find that shade in indola mousse grrrrr!!)

I use igora royal and wandering what you'd mix to create this? I've got too many ideas, so I need to narrow it down haha. thanks in advance x

Are you a user of Instagram @Starboltz? Tracey Cunningham (@traceycunningham1) does Emma Stone's (among basically every other celebrity's hair I feel like!) hair and often posts her formulations to her celebrity colors she does! I would consider following her if you don't already, which in turn could help you turn her formulations from Redken (she's a Redken Color Consultant), to similar tones carried in the line of Igora Royal. Food for thought! I looked up her page right now and she posted this before and after of a color that very closely resembles your current situation. The formula cuts off so here it is in it's entirety:

Look it over and maybe some of the geeks are here can help reformulate into your current color line!

Screen Shot 2015-10-25 at 2.04.07 PM.png

Just don't but I really should!

This is exactly what I was looking for thank you so much!!

Going to look at my chart now and find some equivalents in igora :)

is her natural level the 9-10 or are you going to need 2 different formulas for base and mids/ ends?
Do you think you want a straight red, copper, or a strawberry blond?

For the record that 9aa Tracey uses isn't double ash it's orange (I just read about it on fb)

Igora 7.75 or 7.57 with .7 mix

For the record that 9aa Tracey uses isn't double ash it's orange (I just read about it on fb)

Igora 7.75 or 7.57 with .7 mix
Oh yes!

9AA is named Papaya (God knows why). It's a orange/red base demi-permenant. It's a super pretty pale copper gold tone, great for re-pigmenting at sheer levels. I have no idea why they used AA. #confusing.

thank you all, you're awesome! honestly i overthink things, and you've grounded me :)

One thing is, i can't seem to find any copper mousse in indola! so what else can I prepig with?
I need to pre fill so it doesn't fade etc

7.77 vibrance? (Pre pig)

7.77 vibrance? (Pre pig)

I've actually never pre pigged with quasi before (and I forgot how) lol

how do i go about it?

btw you've been such a gem thank you!

Igora expert mousse is great for pre pig. I would use the 8.77 hth x

Igora expert mousse is great for pre pig. I would use the 8.77 hth x

ohh fantastic thank you!
still exploring the schwarzkopf range, it's a fun journey

UPDATE

Doing her hair wednesday, but still 50/50 on the formula! :(

I loved kahunas idea of 7-75! but what about 7-74?

What difference would there between the two?

Will upload before and afters :)

@jaymz you used igora, what do you think?

Isn't .4 beige tho?

The 7's&5's will be fine, there's no red in that pic, I'd a 7.0 if anything to darken certain areas are you going to balayge first?

I've actually never pre pigged with quasi before (and I forgot how) lol

how do i go about it?

btw you've been such a gem thank you!
Only just saw this you can use water & tint apply then dry in or you could just do a proper vibrance application

Just read AA is auburn accent.

The 7's&5's will be fine, there's no red in that pic, I'd a 7.0 if anything to darken certain areas are you going to balayge first?

She's got a few light highlights, so won't be balyaging it
I was going to add a tiny bit of red for dimension, but I'll not add it now

With tint and water, is it a 1-2/1-1 ratio? Already got indola mousse, but will be good to know for future reference

2:1 for normal 3:1 for porus the mouse is better tho no need to faff around with that

Latest posts

Back